I need a burger and fries- Its for a COP

Kenneth Brown

Captain
My little rant, hope they bust them good for it too. Read on-<br /><br /><br />LUFKIN, Texas - Two young men face felony charges after one of them allegedly spat in a drink he was serving to an East Texas police officer. Brian Strban, 19, and Nathaniel Allen Baker, 22, were workers at a Lufkin Sonic Drive-In where the incident allegedly happened Sept. 3, according to a police affidavit. <br />Both were arrested last week and charged with second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product. If convicted, both could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and fined up to $10,000, The Lufkin Daily News reported in its online editions Monday. In a statement, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma City-based Sonic hamburger chain said both workers were fired. <br />According to the affidavit, the officer ordered a soft drink, but when he received the beverage he noticed several workers inside the kitchen laughing. The police officer, who was not identified, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface. <br />The affidavit says lab tests confirmed his suspicions. It alleged that Strban planned the prank after recognizing the officer as one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot. According to the affidavit, Strban has acknowledged encouraging Baker to spit in the drink. <br /><br /><br />Police say both suspects have given DNA samples, but no test results have been disclosed.

ob

Admiral
Re: I need a burger and fries- Its for a COP

While I agree that the ones involved in the offense should be punished,20 years and $10.000 seems a bit severe in this particular case and I suspect that they won't be handed the max.However, if a similar act had involved putting poison or some other toxic or biological substance in someones food ,then by all means the perpetrators should be severely punished.Nevertheless,a low down act ,and the ones involved should be punished enough to give them a wakeup call.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

I think I'd be more inclined to just break tha kid of that nasty habit. Maybe put a kink in his spitter.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know, I think deliberate acts of such a disgusting nature would warrent a hefty sentence. Personally, I hope they serve a few years in prison, along with a hefty fine. It's absolutely un-called for.

starrider_68

Petty Officer 3rd Class

In todays day and age you cant be too careful. With the spread of std's and aids, why shouldnt those kinds of people get fines and jail. They wouldnt like it if someone did it to them. but 20 / 10,000 is a little too steep. maybe 2 / 2,000.?

Link

Rear Admiral

Missed this on the first read.<br /><br />Brian Strban, 19 , and Nathaniel Allen Baker, 22 <br /><br />I was thinking you guys were being a bit of hard A$$es until I noticed the ages<br /><br />These guys are already on the wrong track. <br />I think I'd make a good Judge. Lets see if ya'll agree.<br /><br />I'd say $10,000 Fine<br />Lock up in the county jail, to be released every day (in orane jumps suits with jail name) for work detail to help clean up the community at min wage. IE: Cleaning sewers, Cutting grass, what ever the community needs on that day. When the fine is paid off they get out of jail!<br /><br />To be handed another Bill to repay the city EVERY Cent it cost the city to house and feed them for that amount of time! And a reasonable amount of time to do that.<br /><br />If they came before me thats what I'd give them.<br /><br />And if they had a private Lawyer and they even started to argue that it was too stiff, I'd just look over the top of my glasses and ask if they wanted to join them! <br /><br />Arrrg I should be a Judge!

rwise

Captain

Just sit around the corner and every time one get in his car (or whatever) write em up for everything! Don't get mad get even...

tylerin

Commander

one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot.
The police officer, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface. <br />
HMMMMMMMM!!! ;)

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When you hear of the workers doing stuff like this, I think it's high time to make an example out of them.<br /><br />Convicted felons, so their life is ruined. A couple of years behind bars to let them think about what happened.<br /><br />I personally had a ball as a teen and into my early 20's. I did plenty of stuff I shouldn't have done, but nothing ever destructive to another person or their property. I thought the same of those kinds of people as I do now.

KaGee

Admiral

The prosecutor most likely threw everything he could at those boys to scare the "you know what" outta them. When it's all said and done, they'll end up with a slap and a fine and hopefully a lesson learned.<br /><br />Similar thing happened to my youngest, while a senior in High School he and a friend set off a borax bomb on a back porch of a kid who was pursuing the friend's girl friend. Did no damage to anyone or anything, just went "BOOM"!<br /><br />Well, the cops were called and both boys lied to the investigating detective. He knew they were. So he charged them both with a rediculous explosives charge... a felony offense.<br /><br />Both went to court, the friend spent a week in Juvenile detention... mainly because of previous offenses, my son, cause he was 18 at the time went to adult court. Charges were reduced, but it cost him nearly $600 in court costs and lawyer fees, and he had to report to a probation officer once a month.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by ob:<br /> While I agree that the ones involved in the offense should be punished,20 years and $10.000 seems a bit severe in this particular case.....
They probably won't get the maximum, but you might not think it was so serere if it was your soft drink... :eek: <br /><br />
Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot.
The police officer, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface. <br />
HMMMMMMMM!!! ;)
What are you trying to say??? :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /> They probably won't get the maximum, but you might not think it was so serere if it was your soft drink... :eek:
Ya we do tend to view things differently when it's us involved. What if the kid had AIDS or some other highly contageous disease? :eek:

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /> They probably won't get the maximum, but you might not think it was so serere if it was your soft drink... :eek:
Ya we do tend to view things differently when it's us involved. What if the kid had AIDS or some other highly contageous disease? :eek:
Well that scenario would change the equation,if someone who knowingly had aids and spat in someones drink.I never infered that the two involved should recieve no punishment.Just that 20 years and 10 bills seemed steep if they revieved the max.Wonder how many people may feel a bit different as to the punishment if one of their kids did something similar.And please don't tell me that my kids are raised better and would or could never do anything like this.Maybe not .But what if it did?Would you feel the same?Punishment in this country ,thank goodness in most cases fits the crime.We don't cut peoples' hands off for steeling.Should they also get 20 years for spitting in someones face?How about 5 years for spitting on the sidewalk? Community service (public humiliation}and a reasonable fine IMO will serve as a suitable deterent.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

If I was the police officer I would check back on that girl the guy was with. If she is under age, I would add those charges as well. Chances are, a scum like that, she is under age.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by ob:<br /> <br />.....Wonder how many people may feel a bit different as to the punishment if one of their kids did something similar.And please don't tell me that my kids are raised better and would or could never do anything like this.....
I'm not saying my kids wouldn't do this. But if they did, they would have to face the onsequences. I have tried to raise them better than that, but they are their own person. I have raised them to face the consequences for their actions. I don't come and rescue them when they are in trouble. They have get in, they have to get out. Someone old enough to have a job, even if it is at a Sonic Drive In, and stupid enough to do something like this to a customer, is old enough to face the consequences, whatever they may be.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO .. this is silly .. next

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

As a public servent I've been suspicious of food I've ordered. I've thrown food in the trash if it has'nt tasted right.<br />I found 1/2 a grease pencil in a burger several years ago.<br />I try to eat at places where I can trust the people that work there. I avoid fast food places if I can when I'm in uniform. <br />Thank goodness I wear plain clothes 90% of the time.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ummm,guys... he spit in a coke. Happens more often that you want to know.<br /><br />If I were the victim of this, I would have taken care of it myself.<br /><br />Guys deserve probation and a fine.<br /><br />Prosecuters like to charge them with everything, so the kids feel lucky when they get off with probabtion. Plus prosecuters like to see their name in the paper.<br /><br />Ken

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Ummmm Ken, Imagine you were the cop and you DID take care of it yourself. You, as a civil servant, are held to a higher level than joe blow citizen. You are expected to NOT react whenever someone wrongs you. The whole "Do the right thing" and all. I mean seriously, how can the public trust the system if the cops can't? If it was me it happened to I would expect 30 days in the county and a $1000 fine. However(aint that a funny word) if my child did this I would hope that the guy did handle it hisself, less trouble in the long run.