I miss Johnny Carson

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I miss Johnny Carson

Yep, he was one classy guy and oh was he hiarious! I'll always remember him.<br />Bassy

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I was a kid I remember hearing my dad laughing his head off at night. I'd go down stairs and watch tv with him, and I wouldn't understand what was so funny. As I got a little older, I started understanding the humor. By the time I was in college I loved him. In one of my public speaking courses I studied him in the humor section. I hated it when he retired, and his death is a serious loss to those who love to laugh.

NYMINUTE

Captain

This guy was worthy of the term STAR. 30 years of service, and much levity. So good for second shifters to watch after work. :(

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

The first time I saw him I was at my Grandparents' house in 1967. I was only 9 but I was hooked immediately. Johnny Carson was truly the greatest person or thing that ever happened to television. I'll never forget him nor will I ever forgive NBC for giving his show to Leno instead of Letterman. His friendship with Letterman should have been all NBC needed to know about who was right to take over the reins.

JRJ

Commander

I too have missed Carson. There isn't another host nearly as good as he was.<br />I can't believe NBC is planning to replace Leno with O'Brian.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

missed him since he retired.. <br />respectful of his 'privacy' of life.<br />..good entertainer, say no more.