I love ebay. !!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I just got a NEW switchbox for my motor at a 90 discount. WooHoo !!<br /><br />Now I have a spare switchbox, 3 coils, stator, rectifier, fuel enrichment valve, lower unit, 2.5 tilt n trim units, 2 relays and wiring with remote trim button, 2 props, and top cowl.<br /><br />Should have had a complete powerhead but the guy gave it away before I got there.<br /><br />Gonna use one of the tnt units which is complete with the transom mount, to hold my kicker motor. Did you ever see a 4hp with tnt? :) <br />Maybe the 15hp will look better back there.<br /><br />Gotta love ebay !!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: I love ebay. !!

Definitely a win win deal Roscoe. Without ebay he woulda had nothing to do but throw it in trash. No possible way to market it. You, on the otherhand would have had to go to a dealer and pay 60-70% for a used one or 100% for a new one or just gone without.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Actually, if he had put a bit more effort into identifying what motors it would fit, and raised his starting bid, or had a reserve price, I think he would have made more money. I certainly was willing to bid higher, but with only a part number to id the unit, I suspect most people passed on the item.<br /><br />Why am I building my own private parts room? <br />Its a voodoo thing. I figure if I keep buying parts for the motor, the motor will never break and I will never need them. <br />On the otherhand, if I stop accumulating parts, the motor will break and I will have no parts to fix it with.

ZmOz

Captain

I have the opposite problem...I sell too many things. I can't stand to see something worth money just sit there and not get used. Then I don't have spare parts left when I need them... :rolleyes:

Link

Rear Admiral

Aint that the way it works.. :) Good deal on your scarf.

KaGee

Admiral

A few more parts and you can build another motor!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Its a voodoo thing. I figure if I keep buying parts for the motor, the motor will never break and I will never need them. <br />On the otherhand, if I stop accumulating parts, the motor will break and I will have no parts to fix it with.
EXACTLY!!! :D

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br />
Its a voodoo thing. I figure if I keep buying parts for the motor, the motor will never break and I will never need them. <br />On the otherhand, if I stop accumulating parts, the motor will break and I will have no parts to fix it with.
EXACTLY!!! :D
Not me man, I save stuff for years then pay somebody to haul it away minutes before I need it! :mad: I've done this so many times I should be in somebodys record book!! :eek: