I know you all missed these so..........

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Back by popular request, <br />some request, eh – well ????it’s been a while? ahh heck, I finally saw a good movie. <br /><br />Being married to a teacher forces certain sacrifices and one of them I thought was that I have to go and see children’s movies. So after watching 4-5 below average action/adventure type movies I thought she was due her choice. So off to THE INCREDIBLES I go. Not expecting much more than the Little mermaid in tights and a story line for a 7year old, I smile and get the mandatory bucket of BUTTERED POPCORN, and soda and find a seat in a theater full of little goobers and their parents. I recline in the seat for what I anticipate to be a good nap and an upset stomach based on the p-corn and a cherry coke with too much syrup. After warming up the mind with useless advertisements and trivia about movies from last year, the theater darkens. <br /><br />And up on the screen jumps a dancing Jackalope and his friends. Yep, its one of those pre-movie vignettes for the kids with the overtly obvious message, but to my surprise its very entertaining and fun. So hint #1, don’t arrive late!!! The movie starts and the Hero, for some reason reminds me a lot of myself. Strong, handsome, honorable, and getting married, is running around town before his wedding doing good deeds and making America a better place to live. Notice all the characters in the beginning cuz you will see them again throughout the movie. Then with a commentary on our litigious society of something for nothing, lawyers put all superheros (there is a whole comic book full of new ones) out of business with frivolous lawsuits. You are now 15minutes into the film. :D <br /><br />As to maintain the story line for those who would like to see this, and I recommend it to anyone young or young at heart, I won’t disclose anymore about the story. I will say that the story flows fairly well, drags maybe just a little, but is cleverly written to appeal to kids and adults alike. The humor strikes at all levels, the “villain” is consistent for children of any age, and the animation is unbelievable. When we went (about 2 weeks after it was released) the theater was at least half full with adults and kids and the first two weeks box office numbers were good. For this reason I would look for a sequel to this movie and more and more and more after that. The voice of Craig T Nelson, is great for a super hero with just that ting of a whine to fill in where necessary. It will make itself apparent. ;) <br /><br />See this flick and take whoever you would like. :) <br /><br />I give it the 4+ Pointer snouts (out of 5)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: I know you all missed these so..........

I am home visiting and took my Mom to see it.<br /><br /><br />We were the only two in the theater!!<br /><br />Private viewing.<br /><br />Good movie<br />Highly recommend it!<br /><br />AK Chappy

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> This sounds exactly like what Mark42 needs to cheer him up after the loss of his little friend!! Maybe it could lighten his heart and mood for a while, till he gets another .69 cents to buy a new friend!!!
Not very sensitive spratt. PETA says fish have feelings. They wouldn't lie to us would they?

spratt

Lieutenant

This sounds exactly like what Mark42 needs to cheer him up after the loss of his little friend!! Maybe it could lighten his heart and mood for a while, till he gets another .69 cents to buy a new friend!!!

oddjob

Commander

I saw it with my kids...good entertainment for all.

ndemge

Commander

Saw it last week, I liked it, they didn't have the realistic vilence that I had about all thar cartoons today... had no problem letting my 5yo watch it.