-i know i might catch heck about OMC

a.weeks

Cadet
:eek: but i have no spark from all 4 coils on 1988 omc seadrive 110 hp have already jumped a wire from soloniod and still have no spark the stator and flywheel magnets have been replaced problem first started with the motor sudenly bogged and ran rough for about 10 minutes then started running fine then completly quit thanks for any help or sugestions

cobra 3.0

Lieutenant Commander
Re: -i know i might catch heck about OMC

How's the alternator and battery? Check to see if all connections are tight and corrosion free.

85Sunbird

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You may have a bad power pack. My motor did something similar a few years ago and we chased it for several weekends. It would run fine for 10-15 min and once it built some heat in the motor....it would shut off just like you killed the ignition. We would have to sit there until it cooled down and then it would crank right back up and do the same thing again a few minutes alter.<br /><br />Hope this helps:<br />Jason

a.weeks

Cadet

thanks cobra 3.0 and 85sunbird i changed the powerpack and rectifier and key switch still no spark the wife is about to choke me down the red snapers are biteing and she cant wet her line

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Disconnect the large red cannon plug. Jump the solenoid to check spark. Be careful if you try to start the motor -- with the cannon plug undone you will have no way to shut it off. Use this method to verify spark on your spark checker only.<br /><br />If you now have spark, there is a problem in your kill ciccuit from the plug forward. If you still have no spark, the problem is from the plug back.

a.weeks

Cadet

if its from the plug back where or what can i look for