I have too choose One !!! please help me

Wellwater

Cadet
Ok, I have an old 1975 larson that is going down the road with a strong good running 90 hp merc that I just bought to replace an 85 hp that went bad. I have a 16ft silverline that i am fixing on to be our family boat. This boat has an 80 hp merc on it and it also runs good. I need to decide which motor I should keep for the silverline. The 80 is good running but is going to need a wiring harness sometime soon,the LU grease was black as black when I first looked at it and had sat for a couple years.The 90 runs great has better power but the lower unit grease was milky tan looking and may need seals and a water pump kit.I Know the80 will be better on gas,but like the power of the 90 which one would you choose if you had the choice. I figure they both need a little work and cant decide which one too keep.

Laddies

Banned
Re: I have too choose One !!! please help me

I like the 90 because of the P/T and the torque

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

If only one to keep then the 90 !! My preference would be to keep both so you have an instant back up should things turn sour with the 90 down the road

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Yeah Ken. No sale, no remorse later on, right Tas?

Mark

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Changing water pumps is rutine. Reseal and be done. The 90!

Wellwater

Cadet

You guys are makin this way too easy for me !

I guess I better start Engine swappin soon!:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yeah Ken. No sale, no remorse later on, right Tas?

Mark

Right on Mark, nothing worse than looking at your boat on the driveway when the lake is just calling your name. I am actually looking for a "cheap and cheerfull" 90hp+ motor just in case and also a little "kicker" to keep on board "just in case"

Wellwater

Cadet

I just have too much stuff sitting around and not much area for storage. I need too get at least one boat of the three that I have out of the yard and figure I need a motor on it to get a good price out of it. I still have an old 850 for emergency spare ,I just need too get after it and repair the lower unit. I have another LU with a bad case and do a gear swap and hopefully keep it for my E-motor. I have Definetly been there done that when it comes too sitting at home with a down boat. Thanks for the input ,good ideas.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I just have too much stuff sitting around and not much area for storage. I need too get at least one boat of the three that I have out of the yard and figure I need a motor on it to get a good price out of it. I still have an old 850 for emergency spare ,I just need too get after it and repair the lower unit. I have another LU with a bad case and do a gear swap and hopefully keep it for my E-motor. I have Definetly been there done that when it comes too sitting at home with a down boat. Thanks for the input ,good ideas.

You can never have too many outboards !!! LOL
Good luck with whatever you decide.