I have lost some weight

SoulWinner

Commander
From a recorded high of 216lbs I have dropped to 189. I was a fat boy, I am only 5'8". Losing weight is really hard to do, but here is what happened to me. I was clearing some land for my mom and dad in the summer heat, and either the heat or the physical exertion got to my stomach. My appetite just disappeared, and where once the thought of a 3/4 pound Hardies Thick Burger made my mouth water, now it makes me sick just to think about it. My whole diet changed. Now when I'm hungry, I am hungry for things like green garden salads, and light sandwiches. I no longer like the taste of fried foods either. Also, I used to eat huge portions, and now I am satisfied with small portions, and have all kinds of energy.<br /><br />As a side note, this all began before I quit drinking. And over the summer I have been working on clearing this land for my folks, and I have taken some side jobs in construction that have been hot and physically demanding, and the more I work and sweat, the less I want to eat. Odd huh?

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: I have lost some weight

god helps those who help themselves maybe SW?<br />no, not odd at all really. excercise is natural<br />appettite suppressant. glad u r actually hearing<br />what yur body is tellin yur brain... most don't<br />listen ;)

Xcusme

Commander

Odd?? Not really<br />Exercise and watching your caloric intake usually results in weight loss. You can burn fat , and that can be good. Too much physical activity and low caloric intake can be very bad as well. You'll start burning muscle tissue. Keep up your fluid intake, drink lots of water, it's essential to 'keep the fire burning'. Watch your diet , but continue to eat. Calories you don't burn are stored. <br /><br />You might want to see a doctor for a checkup, just to be sure you're good to go for a lot of physical exercise. If you're like most folks, you'll find that there's a 'flywheel effect'. Once your body's mitabolism changes, you can burn fat cells even when you're not exerting yourself. Even when you reach your target weight, you'll continue to loose weight. Slow , but steady, weight loss is the best. You didn't get to 216 lbs overnight, you shouldn't try to drop those extra pounds overnight either.<br /> Take it slow and steady. Listen to your body and get lots of rest. <br />Congrats on the weight loss ! . Take it slow and steady. Listen to your body and get lots of rest.

D

DJ

SW,<br /><br />Eating was intended to be for sustanance, not a past time.<br /><br />You, obviously came to that conclusion.<br /><br />Numerous, small meals, are far better for you than several big ones.<br /><br />Now if we all followed that, me included, we'd all be better off.<br /><br />My hat's off to you.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Way to go Jarod. Been to Subway lately?

ZmOz

Captain

The last couple weeks I've been loosing on average a pound a day. I've been trying to keep the calories down, but haven't cut back very much. (maybe 300-500 less per day than I used to) Maybe I just have some kind of disease... :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That is wonderful news, SW. I bet having that energy has been great. I'm very happy for you.<br />Bassy

Kenneth Brown

Captain

From a recorded high of 216lbs I have dropped to 189. I was a fat boy, I am only 5'8".
Gee thanks SW. I'm the same height and kick the ole scales over at 250 on average. I was always very muscular and lean in the teen years. After school while still working real jobs I kept my body in great shape. I shoulda been a linebacker but never played sports, didn'r see a need as I didn't enjoy it. THEN I went into Corrections/Law Enforcement. I went from a solid as a brick 190 to a flab 250 in about a year and a half. Thats disgusting to me. I am gonna start on my weight loss myself real soon, just as soon as I finish these 2 double meat double cheese with bacon and chili burgers :) Seriously I am thinking about it a lot lately. Congrats to you on your reduction.

crab bait

Captain

THAT'S AWLSOM..i bet your body's jumpin' for joy as you finally took off those winter coats an boots,, backpack an bowling ball... i bet you do feel better.. <br /><br />i been on the 'south beach diet' since mid march an lost 32 lbs so far to 190.. don't want to go below 185.. SO I'M THERE..<br /><br />also,, i can testify to the energy an lack of backpack an bowling ball..plus i can't believe that i just bought an fit ( not tite ) into a pair of 32 waist levi's.. haven't been that since the early 80's.. <br /><br />i definately believe i just extended my natural life.. i guess that a good benifit.