I have an itch........ to get the boat in the water.

So it is spring, and it is snowing.:mad: I have spent all winter working on my boat and engine. Last weekend it was nice and warm so I started up the engine to see if my work had paid off..... it did. However it is now snowing and I hate it. I have next week off from work and I think I'm going to bundle up and go out no matter the temp.

I'm moving to Flordia soon so I won't have this issue next year:)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: I have an itch........ to get the boat in the water.

I am so with you!!

Except the moving to Florida part to humid for me!

kfa4303

Banned

Go for it Betrerthannothin'! A little cold never hurt anybody. If the Vikings could do it so can you :) Enjoy every moment you can where you are while you can, especially if you're leaving next year.
Glad to hear you're moving down here to Florida. Where abouts? You'll love it. I hate to brag, but it's been Spring for a month(s) already down here, In the 80's everyday with about 1/2 of pollen on everything ;) Gotta love it! No wonder they named this place la Florida (the flower). Happy boating and congrats on the move. I hope it works out for you.

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've got an itch too!! but its from fiberglass!!!
I drive by the ramp everyday and starting to see some bikinis:D so its just getting right down here in SE Texas.
Since my boat is nothing but a hull at the moment I don;t think i will get to go out till its scorching

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yup, still below freezing here - but the ice finally started breaking up on the bay this past weekend. Won't be long!!!

biglurr54

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is a terrible itch to have! I got my boat out of storage to have a light scratch when the weather was in the high 50's so I could begin working on it! Well yesterdays forcast was 2-5 inches of snow! Temps this weekend are 30's. I think I will bundle up and work on it though. Hopefully it warms up!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Mine stays in the water in front of the house year round, and I'm certainly not complaining, but there it sits aggravating me when the weather is too cold to enjoy it, or before the fish return. If it were out of sight in storage I might not feel so frustrated waiting for good boating weather--especially that which the rest of my family can enjoy.

We also have "teasing" weather that drives you crazy. Friday it was 80. Today we are having a snow flurry. So you can't plan anything, except that it will be nice during the week when you're at work and not on the weekend.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Water down the street from me finally just got soft but like others it snowed here last night and one of the lakes I pass on the way home from work had skim ice again this morning. To make it worse I have to work Saturday too! May have to take a trip to get a new battery this weekend, the old one was getting weak at the end of the season last year.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Mine stays in the water in front of the house year round, and I'm certainly not complaining, but there it sits aggravating me when the weather is too cold to enjoy it, or before the fish return.

I've been fishing since the first week in March and the fish have been back in force since the last week in February. Got another excuse? :D

outdoorsman10

Seaman

We had nice weather a couple of weeks ago. Driveway was cleared off and began checking the boat over in antisipation of an early thaw.......snowed the next day..:facepalm:.WTF?

Got my renewal form for the boat trailer licence......This time, LAST YEAR, I was on the water! I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Mid 70's this weekend in AZ. I hope its not to cold to go boating.

Go for it Betrerthannothin'! A little cold never hurt anybody. If the Vikings could do it so can you :) Enjoy every moment you can where you are while you can, especially if you're leaving next year.
Glad to hear you're moving down here to Florida. Where abouts? You'll love it. I hate to brag, but it's been Spring for a month(s) already down here, In the 80's everyday with about 1/2 of pollen on everything ;) Gotta love it! No wonder they named this place la Florida (the flower). Happy boating and congrats on the move. I hope it works out for you.

I'll be in the Clearwater area.

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Toronto Ontario Canada 6inchs of snow yesterday!!!!!!!! 42ft eagle excalibur ready to go!!!!!!!

Texas Parrothead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

supposed to be 85 tomorrow!:) but have to go to my 3 yr olds swim lessons at noon.:redface:

Sunday will be 65 but I still need to change the impeller, lower gear oil and engine oil. Should have done it at the end of last season!:facepalm:

85, 65 wow that must be tough........... try 34,35,36...... can't wait to move south

jonnymarquis

Petty Officer 2nd Class

teased my self, BUT i have got to take it out 3 times this year. we had a hot streak for about two three weeks of 70s and 80s. but now back to the 50s and lower 60s this week and next. oh well i have scratched it a couple of times anyways.

Well, it was 37 today, so I went out for an hour to make sure everything was running well. So far so good, so tomorrow I'm going fishing. I guess it might be a sickness......