I have a new baby

Kenneth Brown

Captain
My mare FINALLY had its baby. I worked at the farm today till about 1:30, no signs of a baby. We went back at about 6 to feed and we had a baby. Right now hes kinda chestnut with a blaze face and four stockings. I feel as though he will be a sorrel like his mother. He has let us rub him all over letting us get familiar to him. This will help with his training in the future as he will not be scarred of us.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I have a new baby

Hey, that's great, Ken! :) <br /><br />Few things in this world are more appealing than a new foal.

tylerin

Commander

Awesome! Four white socks will double (if not more) his worth. Been through a few myself and I'm happy for you and the colt

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That is great news. There is nothing like the sight of a newborn foal. Congratulations,Ken.<br />Bassy

Kenneth Brown

Captain

UPDATE: Went back today to mess with him some more. I was able to halter him but didn't try a rope on it, just let him get used to it.

Rain

Cadet

Congratulations Ken!<br /><br /> My Foundation Appaloosa Mare, Morningstar, had a filly on the 29th of May. She foaled out in the pasture (hilly!) at night and I help her get the baby back up into the barn. No easy task! <br /><br /> Even though I "imprinted" the filly (Rain Dance) at birth she inherited her mother's "BIT__ Gene". * Sigh * I have her full brother (Spirit, who turns 2 on September 1st) and he's just the sweetest guy on the planet. Takes after Daddy. <br /><br /> Foals are so much fun - Hopefully Rain Dance will be friendlier come weaning time (which will be soon!) and we'll work on learning to tie. <br /><br /> I got opposite ends of the color spectrum with my two - Spirit is a chestnut few spot (all white with a few chestnut spots) and Rain Dance is jet black with a handfull of white spots. She'll probably roan out like her dam, though. Their sire is a tri-colored leopard.<br /><br /> Enjoy your baby!<br /><br /> Love,<br /> Rain