I HATE THEIFS!!! got my wheels!

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'll save the explitives for the quiet of my garage but im pissed!!!

Blew a tire on the way home from the lake(last month) and the other tire had a slow leak all season . so i decided to go get new tires for the boat. took the wheels off the boat loaded them up to go to the tire store. before i could get out of dodge the lovely wife tells me she needs that vehicle for....,....WWWaaa WWaaa wA WaAwwwa , so i take the wheels out and put under the back of the boat, out of site and decide to go tomorrow. well tomorrow came and i didnt go but next day i made the time. I went out to load the tires and to my horror found them missing. looked all around and nothing. now these were aluminum wheels so i guess some homeless bas%^&& needed to get a 40oz. and sold my wheels to scrap. AAAAAAAAHHH.

Ok all ranting asside is there a good place to get wheels for a trailer?

They are 4 on 4 lug patern. i would prefer aluminum but need something.

Thanks for your time

Sorrento 25

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I HATE THEIFS!!! got my wheels!

At this point your best bet is to buy trailer wheels with tires already mounted.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

any tire store can get the for you, usually by the next day, they are a warehouse stock item,. i even think west marine carries them, but you will pay 3 times for them. agree premounted is cheaper, if you just want painted rim, walmart stocks them

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Even WalMart has them -- but they probably will not have aluminum in stock.

dimock44

Petty Officer 1st Class

Make the rounds of the local recyclers and look for your old rims.

MikDee

Banned

So Sorry to hear about the theft, the events leading up to it sounds like something that I might do myself, get distracted, then ripped off, f**king Dirtbags!

tommays

Admiral

YEP

Now they are stealing are Alu forklift propane tanks which have to be stored OUTSIDE :mad:

Tommays

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

That really stinks! Probably a crack head! Around here they have been stealing the coils out of central AC units to get cash for the aluminum.
Its really bad what a junkie will do for a few bucks.I hate thieves!

mdunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Man, I hate getting ripped off and I want to bodily harm those that do it but I think some responsibilty lies with the people buying this stuff.
How do regulate that though and material that doesn't have serial numbers, etc.? Bas***ds!

YEP

Now they are stealing are Alu forklift propane tanks which have to be stored OUTSIDE :mad:

Tommays

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i dont know if you have a princess auto down there. in califorina. but they carry a good stock of pre mounts.

good luck.
buy a dog!

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Any auto junkyard will have the right wheel/lug pattern. Should be about $12-15 each. Not alum. but will get you moving.

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the input guys

Do you guys know of a car wheel that has the same pettern? might be able to get somethin that way

O ya and i have a dog but the boats in the driveway!!!!

Bast***s!!!

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear it Deimus. If you can wait a few days, check Ebay. They have a bunch of boat trailer wheels for sale on "Buy It Now". Also, Craigslist has some in my area. For my flat bed trailer, I called a bunch of junk yards checking on their stock. Here in the SF Bay Area, there's a place called "Pick and Pull" that's cheap.

Just some suggestions.

redfury

Commander

Up here, Northern Hydraulic stocks aluminum rims for trailers, plus they carry rim/tire packages premounted....I saw some for $99/tire/rim basic steelies.

reelfishin

Captain

If your in a pinch, (for 5 lug wheels), I've used wheels from Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis/ Lincoln Town Car. I bought a trailer that had no wheels from someone in a similar situation cheap a few weeks ago. The Ford wheels worked fine, even though the tires were a bit bigger. The same goes for Aerostar/Ranger/Explorer wheels if you need 14" wheels.
For 4 lug wheels, maybe Chrysler K/Lebaron or Pinto/Mustang? You'll have to measure the lug spacing. I have two 4 lug trailers here, both have different lug patterns. Larger sizes in 4 lug will be tough in a junk yard, most cars with 4 lug have been 13' wheels, with the exeption of some early Ford Mavericks, Falcons, and Mustangs which had 14" wheels. But again, check the lug pattern first.