I had a drug problem

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My generation just might have been lucky! <br /><br />I had a drug problem when I was young, but I turned out all right! <br /><br />I was drug to church on Sunday mornings. <br /><br />I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. <br /><br />I was drug to family reunions no matter the weather. <br /><br />I was drug to the bus stop to go to school every weekday. <br /><br />I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults and teachers. <br /><br />I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents. <br /><br />Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in <br />everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, <br />or heroin, and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, <br />America might be a better place. <br /><br />Signed: SBN

gonfishn

Commander
Re: I had a drug problem

Good way to start my day Spinner....Thanks..now got to go work on my other drug addiction..MY BOAT. :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I had a DRUG problem also and I can only hope to pass this DRUG problem on to my Kids, Thanks SBN.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

I also had a Drug Problem I Was also born in 1981....I feel that it is up to the parents to determine how the child will turn out.... (with a few exceptions Sorry SS) Friends of my family have three children. One is my age and attends Rice University Model Student, Straight A's, Very active in her christian lifestyle. Secound kid addictid to crack. The local Judges Know him by name and so does the local police. has spent 5 years in juvie and 2 in jail and is only 19. He was brought up in the same life style as the first one Given all the oppertunity to succeed But Just Decided to go the other route. Sorry to Intrude on your post SBN

SpinnerBait_Nut

You don't have to apologize to me.<br />That is the way I was brought up and the way my children were brought up and I hope the way my grandchildren are being brought up.<br /><br />You just see so many of todays youth that are so disrespectful and foul mouthed.<br />Man if I said anything like some say today, I would be eating through a straw for a couple weeks.<br /><br />My youngest is 21 and she has the upmost respect for her elders and other people around her cause thats the way we raised her.<br /><br />Not today, just go out and look at the 14, 15, and 16 year olds.<br />Smart mouth, cursing all the time.<br />If they do that at home in front of their parents, then it's bad parents, IMO.<br /><br />There are a few exceptions as in when one has a mental problem or a major complex of some kind, but I am talking about your average "child".<br />No respect at all for anyone. :mad: :mad: <br /><br />I better stop before I go off on a rant.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> :D I think it's George W. Bush's fault. LoL :D
Heck, everything else is KKC, might as well add that onto it also. :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well, if he hadn't drug us into this war, the world would still be an insecure place!

JB

Quote from a note that I got from my Dad after my first child was born (1956).<br /><br />"Do the best you can do do what is right. But don't get the idea that you deserve credit or blame for the results. <br /><br />You can't do enough things right to make a bad person turn out good, or enough things wrong to make a good person turn out bad."<br /><br />I don't know if he was correct, but it offers both comfort and humility in our maturity.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SBN, I had the same proiblem when I was growing up. Do you know what a "gallberry" switch happens to be? That was my dad's favorite weapon of choice. You can beat a boat to trash with one of those and it still won't break. ;) The worst part was when we had to go get our own gallberry, man I hated doing that but knew better than to refuse.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by RetNav:<br />SBN, I had the same proiblem when I was growing up. Do you know what a "gallberry" switch happens to be? That was my dad's favorite weapon of choice. You can beat a boat to trash with one of those and it still won't break. ;) The worst part was when we had to go get our own gallberry, man I hated doing that but knew better than to refuse.
Yea and a weeping willow tree has some bad switches also.<br />They did not break, they just bent around you. :eek:

KennyKenCan

Commander

Yeah SBN, but if you do that to your child today, you'd be brought up on child abuse charges!<br /><br />Disipline is no longer a virtue(sp)!<br /><br />It's a crime now!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by KKC:<br />Yeah SBN, but if you do that to your child today, you'd be brought up on child abuse charges!<br /><br />Disipline is no longer a virtue(sp)!<br /><br />It's a crime now!
And that's the point I am making.<br />That is what's wrong with kids today. They know they can holler child abuse and that is why they are the way they are.

KennyKenCan

Commander

How true.<br /><br />Too much libraltism in this country, this day and age.<br /><br />And it's starting to show!

Carphunter

Commander

I agree 100% SBN.<br /><br />I always try to teach my kids the right things to do. Sometimes that involves some serious discipline, and it ain't always easy. <br /><br />Its always done out of love though, and thats whats important. :)