I got a new toy!

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, I've been looking for a truck for a few months - I was looking for a good deal because it's not going to get a lot of use and it's not something I need - just something I want - and it'll make some projects around the house easier... Well, I found my new toy and I think I got a very fair deal. It needs a little bit of work to pass VA Inspection (the drivers door usually doesn't open from the inside and the windshield has a crack in it) but other than that, I think it'll be fine.<br /><br />I've been a Ford guy all my life, but I ended up with this little monster:<br /><br />
IMG_0139.jpg
<br />
IMG_0140.jpg
<br />
IMG_0141.jpg
<br />
IMG_0148.jpg
<br /><br />230000 miles and still runs great!

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: I got a new toy!

Makes my 201K sound like NEW. Love Old Trucks. Have Fun!

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice looking truck..........Always wondered where my bicycle went to when it got stolen!!!!!!!! :eek: :D :eek: :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Keep a a good supply of brake pads on handy js. :p <br /><br />Never being short on vehicles, I've always wanted a pickup just to have around. Just never made the hurdle. I have a '94 2500 Burb with only 42k mi's on it. I hate paying $50 a month for something that just sits and collects dust most of the time. :mad:

Link

Rear Admiral

Not a good sign when a truck comes with a bicycle as a backup... nevermind, its a Chebby :D <br />Nice toy!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Great truck. Looks real clean. Best of luck with it.<br /><br />Bob

LubeDude

Admiral

:p :p Soooo, what kind of oil ya gonna run in it?? :D ;)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the comments everyone - those pictures are what the seller sent me so it's his wifes bike in the back - The truck didn't come with it.. :) <br /><br />I got it titled and registered this afternoon - so maybe I'll take it for a little spin tonight.<br /><br />Hey LubeDude - I was going to ask you about that - It's got 230000 miles - everything is stock. It's got the 5.7 350 in it. What kind of oil should I put in her?<br /><br />Thanks!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

230k mi's??? I've got some old samples from the La Brea tar pits. :p