I got a GREAT Deal!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
I tore apart my lower unit last night to reseal everything. While doing that I started finding some small metal shavings. Now I know that is not a good thing, so I tore it completely down. Here are pictures of what I found. :( <br /><br />Reverse Gear, first one to come out.<br />
ReverseGear.JPG
<br /> <br /><br />And Forward Gear, the next to last part to come out.<br /><br />
ForwardGear.JPG
<br /> <br /><br />I did some research on-line and even on E-bay, I could only find about $300 USD as the cheapest.<br />I went to the local parts dealer. He had the forward gear in stock. I asked how much,<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />and cringed in anticipation. He said $278.50, but I will sell it to you at half-price. Now,<br />I am on a pretty tight budget, but this still wasn't too much cheaper than E-bay (half of a full set). :p I also needed some gaskets, so we spent about 10 minutes researching and getting them. <br /><br />Ready for the GREAT Deal now.<br />He turns to me and says, if you want that gear, I will sell it to you for $50.<br />I pounced on that one!! :D :D :D <br /><br />Turns out he is currently working for someone, but is starting up his own shop in a couple of months. He bought all the merchandise in the store also, BTW. He will be getting out of the OMC business though. :( <br />I will quote him,<br />"Someone is going to get a whole bunch of OMC parts really cheap."<br />hmmmmmmmm<br />I might need to see about stocking up on spare parts. Once he moves, the nearest supplier will be the internet, or in Seattle, WA.<br /><br />Sorry for the long post, but I just had to brag, errrr, let you all know about my great deal. hehe.<br /><br />AK Chappy

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I got a GREAT Deal!!

Does he have anything for chrysler/force outboards? I am looking for a cheap starter.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

He might. But the only thing he was cutting deals on was the Johnson/Evinrude stuff. Unless they are the same. I really don't know if they are or not.<br /><br />AK Chappy

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I got a great deal today too.<br />I went to the wholesaler where I usually buy supplies, paid for my order and loaded up the truck. As I was leaving, the dock guy says, "Be sure to check the clearance room, we just cleaned out one of the warehouses".<br /><br />So I walk in and there are 2 products I usually buy direct from the manufacturer, a family friend in fact. They were priced at HALF of what I usually pay!!!<br />Filled the truck up :) <br />Going back on Monday to get the rest.<br />Total savings, $900.