I feel hurt and un-appreciated......

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I need a hug :( . I put my heart and soul into a post and the un-grat ignored me and started a new thread. Do I have the right to feel this way?<br /><br />Chris..............
4.gif

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: I feel hurt and un-appreciated......

not much you can do about seagulls that drop<br />a load in your lap and then fly away mate. those<br />of us in the know appreciate all your efforts.<br />keep up the good work!<br />regards,<br />M.Y.

LubeDude

Admiral

You are dealing with a lot of people here, and a lot of different personalities. I was told there are some 50,000 members, I do not know if that is the right number or not, but there are a lot. There are bound to be some that do not agree with you, (Believe me), Ive been beat up at times, and even thought about leaving, but in the long run those times just make me stronger.<br /><br />In a few words, Suck it up and be tough!!! You have some great insight and your posts are great. All any of us want to do is help someone, whether they take our advice is up to them.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ps. your response will be archived for all future<br />queries, so even if it doesn't help this bloke, it<br />will help folks in the future probably...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Know the feeling.<br />Why do we bother trying to help? I dunno.

gaugeguy

Captain

"I feel hurt and un-appreciated......" <br /><br />Married?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Hang in there achris, members come and go here all the time. I have contemplated about getting rid of the internet all together. But having a boat without a good supplied marina around, it is the cheapest way of staying on the water for me. Gotta admit that it is iboats that keeps me online. <br /><br />There are some that just can't comprehend what is written at times. I think we may all be at fault for that. Hang in there and keep on posting anyway!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Chris, forgetaboutit, some people just want what is already in their minds - reinforced. It's human nature. <br /><br />Go out, have a beer, drown a worm, shoot some stick, whatever and carry on. I read almost all your posts, I think they are well written and informative, and if you were within 2 or 3 time zones I would buy that beer for you.<br /><br />Hang in there but if you have to leave can I have your avatar? Dudes really cool!!!!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

G'Day, Achris.<br /><br />If you expect to get thanks, don't bother to help.<br /><br />Many posters who get help truly appreciate it. Some of them will go to the trouble to say so.<br /><br />A few will ignore your advice and a lot will take your advice and go away without a word. Once in a while you will get a rude reply, but. . .<br /><br />You know you at least tried to help. Settle for that.<br /><br />Keep posting. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

JB hit the nail right on the head Chris.......<br /><br />I would say 90% of the time you won't get even a "Thanks" when the problem has been solved from advice given on the forums. But hey....you know you've helped and a "Thank You" every now and then is just icing on the cake. Ask any wrench on the forums....helping is just in their spirit. Wanna hug??? Give me your address....I need a vacation anyways and have always wanted to go back to your Country. Was there once and loved it. Only thing......they don't have Bud Longnecks.......do they??????

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Only thing......they don't have Bud Longnecks.......do they??????
If its its wet and tastes like beer, we got it :D <br /><br />Aldo

achris

To all respondent,<br /><br />Thanks Guys. I feel all warm and fuzzy again.
7.gif
<br /><br />On a serious note, anybody coming down this way is welcome to come out and help me reduce the fish population a little. :D <br /><br />I enjoy helping people on this forum (much to the shagrin of my GF) and to see a
3.gif
is a bonus. It's quite humbling to have you all respond like this and to know that you read my posts.<br /><br />Thanks again,<br /><br />Chris...........

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I need a hug :( . I put my heart and soul into a post and the un-grat ignored me and started a new thread. Do I have the right to feel this way?<br /><br />Chris..............
4.gif
Who is that ***? Let me at him. I'll take care of him for ya Chris.<br />
BoomSmilie_anim.gif

bubbakat

Captain

Sure we read your posts. ;) <br />Hey guys who was that mask man anyway. :D :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

OK OK.....I'm on my way.....I figure....I leave here....pick up bubbakat on my way past Tennessee....we pick up a tow so we can stock enough provisions (Longnecks) for the trip to the Gulf....we lay over at LF's place and restock......welllllll....we go by there anyway...get restocked.....go through the "P" canal....restock in Mexico......Get to Baja...restock agin....man I don't know after that.....that trip across the pond can git thirsty......Bubbakat....you up fer it????

SoulWinner

Commander

Achris,<br /><br />Here's a big fat sweaty bear hug from a dang yank who would love to immigrate to Australia if I could only keep my guns and pay for my own bloody health care. Don't mind the callous little blighters 'round here. There always good to throw to the salties if you get the chance.<br /><br />How's Alby Mangles doing? Is he home or still of sailing the briney blue?<br /><br />Cheer Mate,

achris

OBJ,<br /><br />Next stop... Hawaii.... (stock up there).... Then New Zealand (quick stop for more stocks)... Quick trip to see Aldo in Melbourne.... then on to the sunny West..... I'll meet you at Fremantle......<br /><br />Soulwinner,<br /><br />Alby is not a name mentioned in polite circles in this country anymore. He was a bad lad! I think (don't quote me on this) he's a guest of the government at the moment. And you can still have your guns, you just gotta leave 'em at the gun club when you go home. :D <br /><br />Chris............

Bondo

Staff member

I Know how you Feel..........<br />I've Tried to Help over 3000 Times.......<br />Had MayBe 10 Thank-Yous......<br /><br />Even with Just 1 Thank-You.....<br />It's Worth It......<br /><br />Don't run off anywhere,<br />I don't want to be the Only 1, Who Knows How to Fix these Things............ :D :D :D ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Nobody has thanked me either for all of the good advice I give here. :( <br />Why, just earlier in another thread, I told SS to give his Wife a good "smackin". No thank you at all. :p ..............i'm so dang hurt. :D