I don't understand these women

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was at the grocery store today to buy me a steak for lunch. I had a steak and drink to pay for and was in line behind a pretty young thing. This gal had about 15 items in her cart. The checkout was of the style that allowed you to push your cart right up to the checker. She could pull things out and ring them up. The gal in front of me had her own way. She pushed the cart past the entrance and one by one handed the items over the counter to the checker. Now, I wasn't in a rush and she was pretty cute so I just watched the show. It took about twice as long. I just don't get the rational, why didn't she just let the clerk do the normal thing. Sometimes I just don't get these women. What are they thinking. I see it all the time. :confused: :confused: :confused:

ob

Admiral
Re: I don't understand these women

She probably got nervous when she saw you drooling on the floor beside her. :D <br /><br />or she purposely took longer to afford you a longer look because she liked you too.<br /><br /><br />or ..............was she a blonde? :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Thinking?<br /><br />Maybe she was trying to kill you with ... kindness.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Question: Was she a blond?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Topic: I don't understand these women
"THESE WOMEN" .... If you understand ANY women ... you let me know ok!<br /><br /> :D :p

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Barlow, you are right on. The longer I live the more I just accept their actions... :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I enjoy it when a pretty girl takes her time in front of me. Usually they run away in fear. :D <br /><br />"Understand women".........I dont understand this statement.<br /><br />Ken

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I know why, but I'll never tell. Heck, that would spoil all the fun. I like to see that dumfuzzled look on you guy's face. It makes my day. ;) <br />Bassy

LadyFish

Admiral

If the checker is older I always pick up the heavy stuff, hand it to her and wait for her to hand it back to me to place it in the cart. Those poor people lift and lug heavy stuff like cases of beer, bottled water, laundry detergent and the like all day long. Its just a common courtesy. <br /><br />As far as handing over every item maybe she thought you were cute and enjoyed you watching her. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> If the checker is older I always pick up the heavy stuff, hand it to her and wait for her to hand it back to me to place it in the cart. Those poor people lift and lug heavy stuff like cases of beer, bottled water, laundry detergent and the like all day long. Its just a common courtesy. <br /><br />As far as handing over every item maybe she thought you were cute and enjoyed you watching her. :)
But when you are your age ;) , you can do that, but us old people have to wait on the checker.

KaGee

Admiral

It was the druel..... definetly the druel. :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Remember that old beer commercial "Why ask why?" You DO NOT NEED to understand; it is sufficient to stand and stare unashamedly. Either she will be offended and move on more quickly or she'll take it as a compliment and oblige you with more ogling opportunity. ;)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Could be a sanitary issue. They may feel that there are kooties on the surface, and by handing the item to the checker, letting it be scanned, and then placed in the bag, the item has minimal or no contact. It would not be a sound theory though because that item was handled by several people before she picked it up, and the surfaces at the checkout are cleaned all the time by the checker.<br /><br />Maybe they have control issues, they want to dictate the exact sequence of events, like how the items are placed in the bag. <br /><br />Maybe it is a senseless irrational act or a deliberate action designed specifically to drive men nuts.

gaugeguy

Captain

Did she "accidently" drop anything that she had to bend over to pick up?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

If we understood women,then we would'nt be men,would we? :D

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

As far as handing over every item maybe she thought you were cute and enjoyed you watching her. :) [/QB]
Not likely. I'm just a dirty old man. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stratosfied

Ensign

Yankee women. ;) God how I love GRITS, Girls Raised In the South!