I DON'T need to rant.

Carphunter

Commander
I have noticed a major increase in the threads here where people are ranting about something.<br /><br />I would like to do the opposite.<br /><br />I woke up this morning early, just to watch my beautiful Wife and kids sleep. They looked so peaceful.<br /><br />I visited a friend yesterday, and we hiked through some woods where I haven't been in years. Man, it was a nice day.<br /><br />I took my boys to Baseball practice Saturday. They did great and had a blast. It sure is nice watching them have fun.<br /><br />I took my oldest boy back in our woods. I let him carry the crow call. I taught him how to use that call. He was so excited when he actually called a couple of crows in. That made my day.<br /><br />We rented the Disney movie "Brother Bear", and we sat down and watched it together. That was nice.<br /><br />I jumped on the trampoline with the boys. We laughed so hard that my side hurt. <br /><br />We went shopping at Wal-mart. It sure is fun playing hide and seek in the clothes. (I got some funny looks). <br /><br />I layed in bed with my two youngins last night til they fell asleep. It was the perfect ending to a great weekend.<br /><br />I thanked God for blessing me so much. I don't know what I did to deserve the blessings that he gives me, but I sure am thankful. <br />I count my blessings everyday.<br /><br />You get out of life what you make of it. You can make yourself miserable by being mad and ranting about the "little" things that bother you.<br />I would much rather count my blessings, and live my life as happy as I can.<br /><br />Just something to think about.<br /><br />When I get home from work today, were gonna sit down and have supper together, as a family. That sure is gonna be nice. I can't wait. :)

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: I DON'T need to rant.

Carpy....how dare you try and quell our bad moods. We are perfectly happy being <br />miserable.
lol.gif
<br /><br />Seriously, those are some beautiful thoughts and feelings. Thanks. :)

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Carpy,<br />Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I am glad you have it good. We do too.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I'm with you carpy, Not quite as much adventure in my weekend but same result. <br /><br />I am in the process of cleaning the yard and all my son wants to know is when I am gonna have to use the tractor some more, needless to say he gets to ride with.<br /><br />Also had a neat encounter with a grouse, we were outside when it flew into a garage window. Really stunned it good so we picked it up and cared for it until it had regained it's senses. After an hour we let it fly. I had to keep wiping the drool off my chin but don't figure the kids would have takin kindly to me makin supper out of it.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Aw Carpy! Now I'm gettin all weepy eyed :D

SoulWinner

Commander

That is how I live too. Why waste the precious moments that God gives us focusing on anything other than the good gifts of the Father? Thanks for the good read ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Weekend? Did i miss it again?. Dang!... :eek: <br /><br />Did have a nice long drive to work this morning... No hurry.. Little traffic.. Was nice.. Cool morning air (right about 60)... Listening to the tunes on the cd player, windows rolled down... <br /><br />Cussed at some old crusty boat, and i do mean crusty; most of the day, but got quite a bit accomplished... Quiet.. Nobody buggin me at all.. Not hot... Good breeze..<br /><br />No line at the BK lounge for lunch... yipppeeee! :D <br /><br />Finally had a day that i did'nt cut myself on something sharp or smack a finger with a hammer... yippppeeee! :D Good thing too.. I'm out of band-aids... :p <br /><br />Stayed late (ok, they kicked me out of the yard at 5:45) and missed all the traffic on the way home.. yipppeeee! :D <br /><br />Extra hour of daylight.. Yeeee-Hawwwww! :D <br /><br />Life is good... :cool:

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bought a "Mountain Bike" today, got it home and the weather report says it's snowing on the central plateau. It's getting cooler over here. Still my daughter, son and grandaughter enjoyed watching grandad peddling all over the place. We did 16km this afternoon and I reckon we did OK!<br />Blessings, they're there wherever you look, one just has to be able to see them!<br />Ross

Carphunter

Commander

joew94th, i'm gettin all weepy eyed too, and i'm the one that started this thread. :eek: <br /><br />I just like to kid around alot. Lifes to short to be miserable.