I bought a 16ft Alumacraft but it doesnt have a HIN # nor any other spec tag..

satman73

Recruit
I bought this boat off of the original owner (he's in his 70's) and the boat has been repainted and the spec tags removed. Where can I get the spec tag so that I can register the boat. The boat hasnt ever been registered either!! I am figuring by the outline of the sticker on the sides of the boat that its a pre 70's FD model.. Can anyone suggest where I can acquire info regarding the spec tag as I dont know what the boat is rated for HP wise????

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I bought a 16ft Alumacraft but it doesnt have a HIN # nor any other spec tag..

Contact Alumacraft with the stampings # on the top of the center transom brace. With that, they can give you the boat model, year, capacities and info.

satman73

Recruit
Re: I bought a 16ft Alumacraft but it doesnt have a HIN # nor any other spec tag..

Thanks!! I will look for that number.. On another note, It also came with a 1958 Evinrude 35hp Big twin... It runs awesome but I ran out of fuel and I dont want to mix the fuel/oil wrong.. What is the correct ratio of oil and can i use normal 2 stroke outboard oil???

Thanks in advance!

I have a 16ft Alumacraft also the numbers should be stamped on the middle transom support on the floor. As far as the gas/oil mix for your Evinrude the ratio should be 24to1. I run a 1957 18hp Evinrude Fastwin, and also have a 1958 10hp Johnson Seahorse. Both call for the 24to1 mix. Enjoy that great boat and motor. Post some pics for us. Mike

Wyldcard

Cadet

I run a '69 Evinrude 18hp Fastwin on my '67 FD and i use a 50/1 mix,this is what the last owner of the boat did for the 10 years he owned it so its what i do,whats the advantage of using a 24/1 mix?I dont use the big motor alot,just to get to the middle of the lake,then i use a ele. trolling motor till i am rerady to go back in.

Mark

I run a '69 Evinrude 18hp Fastwin on my '67 FD and i use a 50/1 mix,this is what the last owner of the boat did for the 10 years he owned it so its what i do,whats the advantage of using a 24/1 mix?I dont use the big motor alot,just to get to the middle of the lake,then i use a ele. trolling motor till i am rerady to go back in.

Mark

The 1950s johnson/Evirude motors call for a 24/1 mix. I was told if you cut it down you can reduse the motors life by alot. Mike

Wyldcard

Cadet

Ahhhh,

I see it must be the era of your Fastwin vs. the one i have(50's vs. 60's).This is the 1st "real" motor i have owned.

Mark

satman73

Recruit

Thanks for the info... it is in fact 24:1... I also found the HIN #.. its a 68 FD like I thought it was. As far as the Big Twin... it runs like a dream. Now to restore it to its original glory!

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check your boat length, as the FD is a 14' boat, not 16'. And with the Big Twin it must be remote steering?

I also have the 1968 FD boat, FD-15398. It's the basic tiller steer model. I bought it new when 18.

If you can sometime, post pics. We love pics!

satman73

Recruit

It is a 16ft.. i was guessing on the model based on pics from the net... The transom bracket doesnt have any numbers on it at all either.. I am still trying to figure out what model it is as I know by the outline of the decal on the side of the boat that it is infact a Alumacraft.. its beam is 4ft wide and transom is 16 3/4".. 3 bench seats with a small bow seat upfront.... any ideas?

satman73

Recruit

oh and yes the big twin is tiller....

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the info... it is in fact 24:1... I also found the HIN #.. its a 68 FD like I thought it was. As far as the Big Twin... it runs like a dream. Now to restore it to its original glory!

In this post, I thought you found it's # stampings, and then to know its a '68 FD.

A 16 footer would be a Model K.

Model K info is in these posts having the Alumacraft boats specs, thanks to Wyldcard and leadpencil2.
Click Here for 1967
Click Here for 1966

Hope this helps.

K.C

Seaman Apprentice
Could be a 64-66 alumacraft bella mara. I know they were 16ft and had bench seats. I have the little sister to that. A 14.6ft maracaibo.

explorerjim

Cadet

Contact Alumacraft with the stampings # on the top of the center transom brace. With that, they can give you the boat model, year, capacities and info.
I tried contacting alumacraft and they wouldn't tell me anything. They suggested I try a dealer for alumacraft. I have an FD number but no other numbers