I Am Thankful

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Don't know about everyone else, but here are a few things I am thankful for.<br /><br />For the wife<br />who says it's hot dogs tonight,<br />because she is home with me,<br />and not out with someone else.<br /><br />For the husband<br />who is on the sofa<br />being a couch potato,<br />because he is home with me<br />and not out at the bars.<br /><br />For the teenager<br />who is complaining about doing dishes<br />because that means she is at home,<br />not on the streets.<br /><br />For the taxes<br />that I pay<br />because it means that<br />I am employed.<br /><br />For the mess<br />to clean after a party<br />because it means that I have<br />been surrounded by friends.<br /><br />For the clothes<br />that fit a little too snug<br />because it means<br />I have enough to eat.<br /><br />For my shadow<br />that watches me work<br />because it means<br />I am out in the sunshine.<br /><br />For a lawn<br />that needs mowing,<br />windows that need cleaning,<br />and gutters that need fixing<br />because it means I have a home.<br /><br />For all the complaining<br />I hear about the government<br />because it means that<br />we have freedom of speech.<br /><br />For the parking spot<br />I find at the far end of the parking lot<br />because it means I am capable of walking<br />and that I have been<br />blessed with transportation.<br /><br />For my huge heating bill<br />because it means<br />I am warm.<br /><br />For the lady<br />behind me in church<br />that sings off key<br />because it means<br />that I can hear.<br /><br />For the pile<br />of laundry and ironing<br />because it means<br />I have clothes to wear.<br /><br />For weariness<br />and aching muscles<br />at the end of the day<br />because it means<br />I have been<br />capable of working hard.<br /><br />For the alarm<br />that goes off<br />in the early morning hours<br />because it means that I am alive.<br /><br />And finally...<br />For too much e-mail<br />because it means I have<br />friends who are thinking of me.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: I Am Thankful

:) I'm thankfull to see the the sun rise in the morning!!! :) <br /> For the lovely family that I'm surrounded with, the wife;the adult kids and the grand kids!!! ;) <br /><br />Thankfull to be able to enjoy life in generall!!! :cool:

bubbakat

Captain

You are right on sbn and flyrod.<br />If we all would only look around we would think every new day is a bowl of soup

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

How true it is to be thankfull for the seemingly small. When viewed as a larger picture the seemingly small is huge considering the imense challenges some folks live with daily. <br /><br />Happy Easter all.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I am thankful to look down at my flowers every morning, rather than looking up at the roots.<br /><br />Everything else is a secondary blessing to me.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Right on all of you. Ditto to yours plus to have my health so I can go outside everyday and breathe in fresh mountain air and feel the sun shining on my face with my loving husband right beside me. I am truelly thankful.<br />Bassy :)

gonfishn

Commander

For me I am thankful for being allowed to continue enjoying the warmth of an afternoon sun or to wake up in morning and hear the cheerful chirping of the birds. Five years ago I had a massive heart attack and was in a coma for five days..I was given a very slim chance of making it but I did.<br /><br />Life takes on a different meaning after an event like this. The air seens a little fresher now and and even a cloudy day seems to have a bright lining to it.<br /><br />Instead of shooting for the moon I am doing those things I have always wanted to do knowing that tommorrow is the yesterday that I worry about today.<br /><br />My approach to life now is a simple one..I take a few additional minutes to enjoy a colorful sunset or steal a few extra hours doing what I enjoy most which is being on my boat pursuing the Warrior. Sharing it with with someone who enjoys the same things that make me content with the time I left here....I think that this is what life should be,for the few minutes we are allowed on this earth..

LadyFish

Admiral

I am thankful we still have young men and women willing to sacrifice their lives to protect ours.<br /><br />Please pray today, and every day, for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world in defense of our liberty, and for the families awaiting their safe return.<br /><br />I'm also thankful for those who have already made the ultimate sacrifice in the past and those who live the nightmares of their tour of duty even today.<br /><br />Thank you all and Happy Easter.