I am a dummy sometimes....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Last night I was installing some sheetrock in the basement. I was standing on a step stool and could just squeeze my hand between a ceiling joist and the top of the wall framing about 1.5" away from it. Had my hand up there to help hold the 'rock against the studs while screwing it down. After I finish with the screws, I go to pull my hand out and feel my ring slipping off my finger. I stopped and realized that my ring will not fit through the small space anymore and if I pull my hand out, the ring drops between the framing and concrete block wall. Uh oh. :eek: <br /><br />I go through all the available solutions to this problem, like putting a piece of wire through the ring so it won't fall when I pull my hand out, or maybe some duct tape on the end of a screwdriver, and on and on.... After about 10 minutes my hand is falling asleep from lack of circulation. I'm standing on a stool, so I can't reach anything anyway. It finally hits me... Unscrew the screws I just put in and pull the sheetrock back so my ring will fit out. Duh. :rolleyes: <br /><br />So I did. :D

KaGee

Admiral
Re: I am a dummy sometimes....

A "Tim Taylor" moment??<br /><br /> :D

ndemge

Commander

I have at last found my twin brother<br /><br />welcome to my world.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Yeah Mark, An if I was helpin ya, I would have screwed your shoe to the ladder! :p :D I did that to my ex bro in law. He wore those boots with the big thick wood heel.<br /><br />And you admit that Noel?

ndemge

Commander

I was out in the garage, done sandblasting and priming the grill on my '71 van....<br /><br />after it drys, I was going to hang it from the ceiling for storage until it's ready to go on the van,,,, as I stick my hand through, my ring somehow slides though the grill, and won't come back out. Can't get the ring to pull off..... as I'm standing there on top of the work bench with a 6' van grill hanging from my finger.<br /><br />Did finally find the key to the puzzle and got it off my finger without having to go inside to ask the wife for soap... last thing I wanted to do was tote that thing inside....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We are all dummys about some things some of the time, Mark, and some other things all the time :D <br /><br />Welcome to the club, and good thinking to get yourself out.

ndemge

Commander

....or the time I was installing phone wires at my parents house and sudenly said hello to them in the living room via the attic..... had to get a new ceiling fan after than one...

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

at least u didnt call 911 so the fire dept could come over and back those screws out for ya, that would really hurt for a really long time at every public event in a small town like blairstown.

gaugeguy

Captain

We all have those moments...<br /><br />I was building an ice shanty in my garage. Came out perfect, except it was too big to slide out the garage door, had to tear down the garage doors to get it out. :rolleyes:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I have been working on the basement this whole weekend and every night so far this week. have about 2/3 of the sheet rock hung. Want to be done by this weekend to start slapping joint compound on it. <br /><br />I just get real punchy when I get tired. Thats when the brain slows down and I start making mistakes. I have learned that is the signal to stop working.<br /><br />Tonight my boy Jamie (14) comes down looks around, flips on some wall sconce lights I just hooked up and says "man, this is gonna be sexy!". I just gave him the "don't even think about it" look.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Wow I thought mine were isloated to just me. Sounds like I am in some good company.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

mark42, there are those who believe you don't really need all those fingers anyway. :) <br /><br />(sorry, roscoe, just couldn't resist) ;)

Carphunter

Commander

My advice, don't try to ignite a big pile of leaves with unleaded gasoline. ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br /> My advice, don't try to ignite a big pile of leaves with unleaded gasoline. ;)
I don't think you can ignite leaves with gasoline - I think it would take a spark of some kind. :)