Hydroslide/Tubing Boat

John avery

Cadet
What is a good selection for a hydrosliding and tubing boat for this summer, say less than $10,000<br /><br />John

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Hydroslide/Tubing Boat

Hi Averyj... <br /><br />I'm a bit jaded when it comes to a boat to ski or kneeboard/hydroslide behind... I've had the opprotunity to kneeboard behind just about everything that floats at one time or other and by far the best type of boat would be a centraly located straight shaft inboard with a V8 like you would find in a Ski Nautique, Mastercraft, or similar...<br /><br />Even if your just wanting to drag the kids around on a tube, that type of boat is easy to drive (except for backing up) requireing very little throttle adjustments while your going along and they are quite comfortable... I especially like the rear facing observer seats that are in most of those types of boats...<br /><br />You could pick up a good used one for less than $10,000, pretty easily... Don't shy away from older models either as long as there in good condition... They also tend to hold their value very well and if they are well maintained can be sold after a few years of use and you'd likely be able to sell it for what you paid for it...<br /><br />I bought a 1979 Ski Nautique that needed a little work in 1996 for $3000... I put about another $2000 into it including new upholstry & carpet, and an engine rebuild and sold it three years later for $5500... :)

wazzu98

Seaman Apprentice

I'll have to agree with snapper, any of those style boats will be great if in good condition. I just bought a 18ft 1989 Four Winns with a V6 140HP I/O. It was in great condition other than some scratches and oxidation (taking care of that cheap). Serves the tubing/knee boarding purpose great.

wazzu98

Seaman Apprentice

Oh yeah, price was only $5000 with very little fix up costs!

John avery

Cadet

Thanks Guys, will use my 18' Pontoon This summer and start looking for a ski boat during the winter months when boats seem to sell at bargain prices around here<br /><br />John

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

averyj - Good advice above. You might want to stay away from a deep V hull. They want to either be way up over the step or at hull speed. My kids drive me nuts saying faster or slower constantly with my 23' Wellcraft. I can't get it to stay at the speed that is good for hydrosliding.