Hydrofoil bolt hole repair

LazyJ

Seaman
New iboater, permission to come onboard?<br /><br />I've gleaned info from here for years and I know I've seen the answer to this question but I can't find it.<br /><br />What's the goop to patch the bolt holes in a cavitation plate made by mounting a hydroplane-wing-thing?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Hydrofoil bolt hole repair

I use Aluminox epoxy stick. Sets up much quicker than the other two and you can work with it like Playdough. But a piece of masking under the plate and the afore mentioned products works great too. I like to run a tap thru the holes to give whatever I use some threads to hold onto.

LubeDude

Admiral

Those little black plastic push in apolstery jobbers work ok. Push them in from the top, and then snip them off from the bottom, havnt lost one yet, and ya cant even barly see em.

LazyJ

Seaman

The epoxy was what I was trying to remember. I plan to own this motor forever so I want this to be a permanent fix. Hopefully Aluminox will be least likely to cause a corrosive allergic reaction. I'm all over this project, thanks all.

LubeDude

Admiral

For a permanent fix, I like WillyBwrites post, JB Weld would be my choice after running the tap through the holes, Great Idea about the tap Willy.