HVLP Painter?

Ralph 123

Captain
I have to paint my house. I was thinking about buying a sprayer. Maybe an HVLP sprayer like this:
ps_HV3000_400x216.gif
<br /><br />or an airless sprayer.<br /><br />Does anyone have any experience spraying exterior latex with either of these systems? Any thoughts?

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: HVLP Painter?

You can paint a doll house with that, don't try to paint a real house without at least a 1 gallon pressure pot. I would choose to rent a professional AIRLESS sprayer from a paint supplyer. BTW the American version of that particular hvlp unit would be used to spray enamel woodwork with oilbased paint. Chief ;)

D

DJ

Agree with Cheif 101.<br /><br />Best to get a unit that you can draw directly from a five gallon bucket. Maybe that one will-don't know.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gota go with Chief! I own several HLVP's one with it's own turbine - like the one pictured; except it will run multiple guns. Four that use compressor air and reduces it at the gun. I spray lacquer with these. I would run them off pots if doing large runs. Now I just use them for small runs and with a cup: as I bought an Airless unit; pro model. <br /><br />Go with the Airless if doing large areas, especially latex. I find the HLVP is best with thinner paints - have to adjust the flow rate. Most Airless will draw from the bucket or can.<br /><br />PLUS; you can rent a Airless and it will do the job in half the time. All the house painters and high production sprayers I know use Airless -- there is a reason.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Non-boating tech.