Hustler Props users

4.3sunbird

Seaman
Hustler Props users: has anyone had the problem or heard of the problem of spinning the hubs on 1st generation hubs?<br /><br />I spun mine yesterday and had just ordered a higher pitch prop from Iboats <br /><br />Im trying now to stop the order if it hasent shipped yet .. now since I need a hub also Im going to go to the new design but Im starting to worry about hub spinning <br /><br />I just put the boat in the water friday with the new motor and spun my stock prop hub and my Hustler hub over one weekend <br /><br />anyone got any suggestions :confused:

rbezdon

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hustler Props users

thats what you get when you hook that 1300HP V6 to a stock L/U.<br /><br />Just kidding but I couldnt resist pulling your high HP chain. You get more out of that little 4.3 than I do out of my 5.7.

4.3sunbird

Seaman

:D I had to toss in the 1300hp v6 just to show bigger isnt always better<br /><br />heck this 4.3 is probly in the ~ 260 range I guess .. maybe more <br /> <br />I have been on comparable boats with 260 hp v8's and it does get up to speed faster <br /><br />Im use to fuel injection and turbo chargers on v6's not n/a like this boat is<br /><br />Im still consitering building a 350 for the boat over the winter in the 350hp range but Im thinking I'll just break more parts :( <br /><br />I Want to order a prop atleast tomarrow so maybe I can get it before the weekend <br /><br />I want to stay cheaper prop for now since I may have to step up on outdrive so I hate to buy an expensive stainless just yet <br /><br />I have noticed alot of this forum is aimed at fishing (nothing wrong with that) v/s performance .. do you know of a forum that would better suit me :confused: <br /><br />I did watch a guy catch a cat fish by hand yesterday ..I thought that was cool .. :D <br /><br />Im more into tubing, skiing , and just plain getting up the river pretty quick :) <br /><br />any prop suggestions welcomed or pull my chain .. its all good ;)

'60Buickrod

Seaman

Hey 4.3sunbird, Sorry to go off topic but I couldn't find your e-mail. You wouldn't happen to be over at V8Buick also would ya? I'm over there with the same name. I don't know if it was yours or not but I've seen a video of a GN that was beefed up with exhaust goin out the portholes that burnt out on the dyno and still pulled 1100HP.

4.3sunbird

Seaman

actually that car youre talking about is Chris chows buick .. it has been converted to a duttweiler built sb chevy with twin turbo's.. it has made 1400 to the wheels <br />he has that video and many more on his site<br />www.fasttrackperformance.com<br /><br />I stick pretty much to the turbobuick boards turbo buick.com , turbobuicks.com and t6p.com<br /><br />the engine I have in the shop is one we plan to run in tso class next season ..its a 274 stg2 with stg2 top end on it also sporting a single 88mm turbo ..I figure that should be plenty to go deep in the 8's with a 3400# car on 10.5" slicks :cool: <br />If you go to any buick events next year look for a windshield banner with Eastern Virginia Turbo Buicks ... that'll be me :) <br /><br />If it wont so much of a pain I'd turbo my boat :eek:

walleyehed

Admiral

Sunbird, need to know what prop (make and size) you get the 58MPH with...type of speedo, and what RPM are we looking at???

4.3sunbird

Seaman

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=014152;p=#000001 <br /><br />this is my previous thread about rpm's and props i've had on it ..Im fighting the issue of someone has swapped a 4 cylinder out/drive on the boat<br /><br />main thing Im trying to figure out now is who makes a prop thats not so easy to spin the hub in <br /><br /><br />speedo may not be dead on accurate ..Im just using it as reference for now .. the thread above has lots of info about my combo in the boat .<br /><br />Im just not wanting to buy a new prop set and find the hub spinning <br /><br />it looks like the new hustler hub set-up may have teeth into the rubber but I havent found a good pic of the new hub<br /><br />thanks for looking

av8or09

Cadet

4.3 Sunbird<br /> What all did you do to your 4.3 ? I have an 89 SUNBIRD Eurosport series 1 and want to bump up the power a bit. Right now its a bone stock 2 barrell non vortech 4.3. I am thinking of finding a newer vortech junkyard block, buildin the bottom end and using a roller setup with a Edelbrock carb and intake. Also I am trying to figure out how to lose as much dead weight as possible too. Those big cast exhaust manifolds are top of my list, I am just not sure which ones I can use to replace them.

4.3sunbird

Seaman

I went ahead and ordered the new design hub and 23 pitch hustler prop from Iboats.com<br /><br />I found a better pic of the new hub and it dont look like it will spin easy as others . heres the pic Im talking about<br /><br /> http://www.turningpointpropellers.com/MasterGuard_Hub_Kit.php <br /><br /><br />av8tor: hit the link in the post I made above yours to my other thread ..I made mention in my first post in that thread about the engine buildup<br />If your boat doesnt have an electric fuel pump you will be stuck with your early block or put an electric pump on your boat<br />my 92 has electric pump factory<br />I used a early style roller cam shortblock (91 model) but went to 97 model vortech topend mainly to stay pre counter balance shaft .. turning that shaft is a power loss :D <br />got my shortblock and heads from local auto junk yard.. only year the 4.3 block had a fuel pump mounting location in auto's was 85 .. like a needle in a haystack to find <br /><br />any more questions you can email me at Redsttype@cox.net