Hurricane charlie, the aftermath

flashback

Captain
I.m in business for my self in the construction and re-modeling industry. next week is slow for me and I was thinking of heading down to Fla. and donating some time and labor to help the folks down there... but I don't know who to contact. Would any of you folks know? I don't want any pay, but I would need a place to stay and a meal or two......

hayhauler

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hurricane charlie, the aftermath

Try your local Red Cross office.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Know how you feel, Flashback... "have chainsaw, will travel" Thought about loading up a few coolers with supplies and heading west this morning, but traffic is very bad from residents trying to get home, and knowing I'd not likely be allowed into areas anyway, so my being out there would only add to the problem.. <br /><br />I'd guess the best bet would be to contact the Red Cross and ask...<br /><br /> If you go it on your own, I'll tell you that non residents probably would not be allowed into the hardist hit areas... Law enforcement and the National Guard typically only allows residents, city and county employees, and utility company workers in the areas for the first few days...<br /><br />If anyone knows how to get hold of 12Footer, Dhadley, or any of our other iboats members on the west coast by cell phone, please shoot me an e-mail.. skdplate@bellsouth.net Will make sure they get any food, water, or anything else they might need......

flashback

Captain

Thanks for the info haylauler, I will call them.<br />Hey snappper I guess you lucked up on this one it missed you. years ago i was in one in Sarasota, man what a sight... anyway I will let you know what I find out about any organized efforts that may be underway.. please let me know of anything you find.....thanks

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

We just saw news footage on the evening news here earlier on. What a mess, our hearts are in our mouths for those folks who have had their lives trashed by a rampaging Mother Nature.<br />Storms of that kind are almost non-existant in this part of the world.<br />We hope you come out of this OK<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Peter

SoulWinner

Commander

Yeah Peter. Here the big storms target mobile home parks. Down there the big storms target yatch races.