Hunter S Thompson is gone....

brother chris

Commander
Seems as though Hunter had enough of this life. He apparently shot himself. <br />I wonder why though. <br />Here's the link. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/22/books/22thompson.html <br />And how many of you have actually read his book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"? <br />I thought that was a really good book. I never saw the movie though. He must have been on some kind of weird trip when he wrote that book :eek: <br />Any other opinions.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hunter S Thompson is gone....

I was dumber for watching the movie.. I felt like shooting myself for wasting the precious time.<br /><br />I could only guess he came to the same conclusion too. :p

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Fear and Loathing is one of my favorite movies. I think it is freakin hilarious and had a great script and great acting.<br /><br />And I NEVER did drugs. In fact I would say this is an anti-drug movie.<br /><br />But on the subject, Hunter sounds like he lived up to his drug crazed idiot life. What a fool, but he had a great literary mind.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Read the book during my college daze which explains why I don't remember all that much of it.<br /><br />Always heard him described as a "gonzo journalist" but never heard anybody say which universities have Gonzo Journalism departments.<br /><br />Interesting, MSNBC says he was the model for Uncle Duke in Doonesbury - I never knew that.