humour that mentions the French

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
An elderly English gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French customs desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in his flight bag.<br /><br />"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked, sarcastically.<br /><br />The gent admitted he had been to France previously.<br /><br />"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."<br /><br />The gent said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it." <br /><br /><br />"Impossible. English Men always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"<br /><br />The English senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained. <br /> "Well, when I came ashore at Gold Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: humour that mentions the French

Sounds right and my Grandad was right there with him!!!

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

And were still side by side in Iraq! Or is that your in the north were in the south

gaugeguy

Captain

Stupid cheese eating surrender monkey customs agent :rolleyes: <br /><br />Had the honor of serving with some Brits in the first gulf war. Fine soldiers with great senses of humor. I still remember one of their names, PJ Wescott from Cornwall. One of the things he used to say every single day was "You Yank wankers want some tea?" and we'd bust his chops and tell him tea was a girlie drink.