Humminbird In-Hull Transducer Placement for 1997 Nitro

Llunker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys,

I was wanting to know if anyone here has pics of their Humminbird XP-9-20 Single/Dual Puck Transducer that has been split from the SI ducer and inside of a Nitro Bass boat. I am wanting to split out the 2-d portion of the sonar for running the boat at higher speeds and eddie at humminbird suggested i split it out with this type transducer.

I think I want to place it next to the bildge pump which has a small indention in the floor near the transom area just to the right of it. I have heard and read many things on how to test the area with water or placing the ducer in a plastic bag and then putting a sand bag over it and then running with it on the water, etc.... I just wanted to know if anyone has a pic of a 1997 or so Nitro Bass Boat with this transducer in the bildge area?

If so, could those of you that do please post your in-hull placment Pics here so I can get a good Idea for sure thats where I want to go with it.

Thanks Guys

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Humminbird In-Hull Transducer Placement for 1997 Nitro

You might want to try posting in one of the dedicated bass fishing forums, like Bass Boat Central, where you have a higher liklyhood of finding someone with your make and model.

Llunker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Humminbird In-Hull Transducer Placement for 1997 Nitro

even if you dont have it on a Nitro--could I see some pics of some in hull placements in Bildge areas?

Thanks Guys