Humminbird 595c and NMEA

Woodrow246

Seaman
Hey all, Picked up a new VHF the other day and am looking for some pre installation info. My Humminbird unit that is installed is equipped with the GPS and NMEA option. I know there was a wire that I taped back to the harness that came from the GPS head going to the unit labeled MNEA and have located those on my VHF just cannot find a wiring diagram for my application. Any help/info much appreciated.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Humminbird 595c and NMEA

Hey all, Picked up a new VHF the other day and am looking for some pre installation info. My Humminbird unit that is installed is equipped with the GPS and NMEA option. I know there was a wire that I taped back to the harness that came from the GPS head going to the unit labeled MNEA and have located those on my VHF just cannot find a wiring diagram for my application. Any help/info much appreciated.

Did you check the Hummingbird website?

Woodrow246

Seaman

I did some diggin and found the designated NMEA in and out for both units. I still am not clear on whether or not I need to ground the 2 NMEA (-) wires after I tie them together. Have heard of some saying to tie the NMEA negative wires together as you would and then ground them both.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I had one unit that needed a ground and another that didn?t.

Pretty easy to resolve. Connect them up and see if it works without being tied ground. If not, then you need to add the ground.