Humminbird 525 back light question

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Humminbird 525 fish finder and would like to know if it is possible to have the back light on without the light/contrast screen staying on in the middle of the screen. I fish at night a lot and of course need the back light on but the whole time I have it on the setting screen for the light brightness and contrast stays on. I find nothing in the manual telling me if or how this can be turned off so just the light is on. Thanks for any help.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Humminbird 525 back light question

Hit menu again after the light is turned on.

John_S

Rear Admiral

That doesn't sound right, but I am not a 525 owner. I have had a number of older Wide and 300/400TX backlight models which did not work that way. Either test a display unit at a store or call Humminbird Tech support.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

That doesn't sound right, but I am not a 525 owner. I have had a number of older Wide and 300/400TX backlight models which did not work that way. Either test a display unit at a store or call Humminbird Tech support.
Exactly what I thought about doing is e-mail Humminbird. Thanks for the replies though folks.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

Up date on this problem. This is what Humminbird tech support e-mailed me. Hope this may help others as it worked for me.

To set the backlight you would press the Power button once to access this setting. Once you have adjusted it to the setting you would like to leave it at you would reduce it by one and then back to the setting. You would then press the Power button once again for the menu to go away. For example you want to set the setting to 9 you would set it on 9 reduce it to 8 and then go back to 9 before pressing the Power button to take the menu off the display.

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Love Humminbird but that one slipped through the usability panel!

I never would a guessed that.

Les Young

Seaman

I have a 525. I must be doing something right lol because mine doesn't stay on. It dang sure aint catching smallmouth that i'm doing right. This is one of the worst years i've ever had for targeting & catching the big smallies that Lake Cumberland is known for.