humbling experiance

crab bait

Captain
i was in one of my favorite ponds saturday .. i fish here alot.. an do quite well for the most part.. <br /><br />it's as clear as drinkwater ,, an this time of year it really gets grassed up.. 'bout tHe only thing you can do is fish 'rubber' tex-rig style.. <br /><br />use all kinds of rubber .. mostly minnows, berkely sandworms, worms , chompers , crawdads,snakes ect.. <br /><br />had a bad day.. not gettin' the 'bite' that i'm accostume to.. <br /><br />it's a pond with no ramp .. an my little lawn chair 'toon' boat is great for this..<br /><br />rarely gets fishd because of it.. but sometimes,, i'm not the only one there.. <br />people lift a boat over the guard rail an they're in..<br /><br />well, about 3:00 ,, a kid in a blow-up conoe came along.. he was NAILIN' the heck out of 'em.. were i was pretty much 'skunked'.. <br /><br />WHAT YA USING i yelled over to 'em.. <br /><br />" lizards", he said.. <br /><br />hmmmmm , lizards.. i really never use them.. don't know why.. just don't.. least wise not much past spring time..<br /><br />i routed thru all my junk.. <br /><br />I DON'T HAVE ANY..i said..<br /><br />'sorry 'bout your luck' the kid said..<br />an off he paddled.. <br /> <br />that litte #$@$$ blasted kid.. if i could of gotten my hands on him,, i'd a knocked 'em overboard an stole all them lizards from 'em.. <br /><br />had to laugh...an had to leave.. head hangin'low.. <br /><br />i couldn't take watchin' him catch one-after-another.. while i couldn't get a nibble..<br /><br />I DON'T LIKE KIDS.. :) ...

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: humbling experiance

Well....at least he told ya what he was using. The battle is 1/2 over :) <br />Now you know what to bring next time. <br /><br />Lil' b@stard could of threw ya at least one of 'em though :mad: :p <br /><br />Maybe you'll meet up again & you have the "hot lure of the day" and he won't have one. "Sorry 'bout your luck kid"

gonfishn

Commander

Now iffn you were him would you CrabBait?? he must have not realized who you were or of your infamous lunker days..Ya get no respect with this new generation..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's payback time. :) <br /><br />Remember when you were just a kid, Crabby, slaying them all the time while the old folks just looked and envied?<br /><br />Now it's our turn to look and envy. :(

crab bait

Captain

yeah, your right.. an he did make the mistake of tellin'me what he was using..<br /><br />before i left to drive back north,, i stopped at the local KMART.. an bought every cottopickin' lizard pack they had.. <br /><br />there's not a single place to buy another for a 30 mile ring....( hehehe,,hope he runs out,,hehehe..)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Blow up canoe, hmmmmm, yep, I do believe that those will sink if you hook into them with a couple treble hooks. :)

crab bait

Captain

yeah,, i spy-ed 'em with binocs.. but i'll let ya know first hand this weekend.. if'n a big storm don't blow in.. i deffinately be there.. i chompin'..!!