howto install navigation lights?

wolkenridder

Recruit
Hi All!
Just got myself a zodiac futura s mark II with 40hp 4 stroke
I would like to add nav lights, possibly on a rollbar.
A rollbar is not available as a standard option for this boat, anyone help?
Thanks!

Attachments

• zodiac.jpg
    zodiac.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0

Johnny Knoxville

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Transom mounted light arch possibility....

I don't do much night boating with my 11 footer, but years ago I bought some battery powered lights with suction cups. The white one attaches (sucks) nicely to the motor, and the red green suctions to the bow. I also carry red and green light sticks and a flashlight for backup.

http://www.***************.com/p/I-...Bow+Navigation+Light+-+Suction+Cup+Mount.html

Mine run on D sized batteries and I carry them in my "boat bag". Replace the batteries each Spring and carry spare batteries.

mpj76

Seaman Apprentice

Here's something that will do in a pinch. Get some "adventure lights" brand "gaurdians" in red, green, etc. I clipped mine to the rub rail up front. They hold on tight enough as long as a buddy doesn't brush against them. You can improvise with the white rear light mount. They're pretty cheap, super compact, and waterproof.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see your boat has lights up front. Check out "Rigid Industries" brand LED lights. I saw them at the Miami boat show and they are awesome. As for the arch, you can always go redneck and make it out of 2 x 4's. That way you can try out the concept for super cheap to see if you like it.