How's Your Garden Growing?

LadyFish

Admiral
Mine didn't do all that well this year. We are in desperate need of rain. Even our lawn is getting crispy and we are watering it 3 times a week.<br /><br />I pulled my tomatoe plants up the other day since they were finished producing. I had a good crop despite how the bushes looked. I think I will wait until fall to plant again. <br /><br />How's everyone elses doing?

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: How's Your Garden Growing?

We planted late, mostly peas and beans. The tomatoes planted in the ground got the wilt. The ones planted in cages (up of the ground) are doing pretty good. My tobasco plants are doing good too. They won't be producing for a while yet. The Lord has blessed us with just enough rain.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Too damn fast.<br /><br />We are getting some very strange weather here at the moment, one day brilliant sunshine the next rain, if you listen hard enough you can hear my grass growing.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pulled my tomatoe plants up the other day since they were finished producing.
finished...??? :( <br />mine have not started to flower yet.....sigh..<br /><br />Grass is green and the creeping charlie is taking over fast.

rwise

Captain

Mine needs weed more often, tomatoes are setting, peppers are setting, cantaloupes aren't doing much, cucumbers aren't doing much, squash (I didn't plant) is setting. All in all doing good, ever one is talking about how dry it is, but my ground is still almost wet! The heat is hear we'll see how it does.<br /><br />I thought it was illegal to grow grass! :D

ZmOz

Captain

I coverd my garden with gravel a few months ago so I could park my truck on it. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Well the wife’s garden is coming along nicely....can't wait till the spoils go from her garden to my plate!!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Stratosfied:<br /> My personal guanga garden is doing fine. :cool:
Please elaborate Stratosfied........... <br />.......is that pronounced g o n j a?
7.gif

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />
Originally posted by Stratosfied:<br /> My personal guanga garden is doing fine. :cool:
Please elaborate Stratosfied........... <br />.......is that pronounced g o n j a?
7.gif
I think he meant Guano . . . :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Only doing Dandy Lions in the front lawn this year and they are doing great! :rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral

LMAO at Link.<br /><br />Hummmmm, wondering about Stratosfied garden though. Is that one of those hydroponic gardens I've heard so much about?
7.gif

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm just wondering if Stratocaster will meet me in Havasu . . . :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I know I really don't count out here,but mine is doing fine. Tomato plants are loaded with green tomatoes, got our first ears from our corn this week(Yum!). Onions did fantastic! Squash and cucumbers are working on blooming. The shade the corn provided worked out great! Green beans and potatoes are doing fine. I guess you could say its all doing just fine. :D <br />One thing I have learned to appreciate is when plants go to seed. Our carrots and onions have gone to seed. Have you ever smelled that seed flower? Its heavenly! Kinda like Vanilla,but better. And it looks like we've got alot of Queen Anne's lace. Mather Nature is sure awesome!<br />Bassy

Link

Rear Admiral

Bassy <br />
I know I really don't count out here
Sure you do... Just a little easier to grow things is all, but then you have to live there to do that ;)

rwise

Captain

I'll trade a few tomatoes,,,,,,,

Stratosfied

Ensign

Just one plant and for personal enjoyment and special times with the wife. <br /><br />And LadyFish that is how I pronounce it. And no it is in the soil althought I have done alot of research into the hydroponics and it is very interesting and a neat way to garden.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

RAIN...Rain...WATER.... we need some moisture desperately over her in the Southeast Texas. It is so dry that my tomato plant are dying even I water them daily in the evening. We got a bunch of tomatoes earlier in the month but it is so hot that the bees are not even out doing their job. Cucumber plant got eaten by squirrel this year so is the green beans. Just about to give up on the garden and let it fallow for the rest of the year.