Howard Dean Gets the nod.

D

DJ

Howard Dean gets the nod as the new Democratic Party Chief.<br /><br />Good, I'm glad.<br /><br />He was quoted today as saying, "the Republicans cannot be trusted spending the American tax payers dollars".<br /><br />He is counting, solely, on the fact that most Americans do not have a clue as to how the government actually works.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Howard Dean Gets the nod.

I guess after whats his name, anyones a improvement

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> government actually works.
Originally our goverment was the best ever created by dedicated men a long time ago. Since then it has deteriorated by special interest, countless attempts to solve yesterdays problems with zero forward thinking involved, and has turned into a plain old bloated buraucratic mess, with no incentive to fix anything, as to keep a job. Our town council meetings are on the tube, and it makes you want to throw up. The builders are covering everything in houses and cement (read the last issue of Sea mag...Hood Canal is dying), and so we build retension ponds for the water runoff (and crap to keep the grass green). They build this crap on a slope, adding MILLIONS of pounds of weight to a unstable hill to begin with (this Washington..tends to rain here with slides). We lost 37 houses in the 99 rains around the point from me. 1000 year moratoriam on building again. People lost everything and then had to pay to get there junk house to the dump before it was to CLOSE to any home debris. Landfills are at capacity. We truck garbage to a town south, then load it on a train and send to Oregon now. Just insane. I'm seeing a neighbor build a house by me. I see more INSPECTORS than trades people, riding around in the best brand new vehicles...last was to inspect the sheetrock. Gimme a break....we are rural, with just down the road freaking people living in the woods in converted school busses with a leaky old wood stove, and probably still gas in the busses tank. <br />Last thing though. Everybody still *****in about GWB winning can relax....it paved the way for Hillary in 08. Not that it will solve anything, but at least a change..........

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

ahhhhhhhh,.......Howwie Scream will fix all that how Robbie & laddie?........

D

DJ

Change is not always good. Especially in the case of Hillary. :eek: <br /><br />Maybe I should have been more clear. It is how government is designed to operate, not necessarily the way it does.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

LOL Homerr...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />Last thing though. Everybody still *****in about GWB winning can relax....it paved the way for Hillary in 08. Not that it will solve anything, but at least a change.......... [/QB]
Hmmmm! Does this mean that Hillary '08 will get at least one vote?<br /><br />Gimme a break, seek refuge in the one who would have brought you Hillarycare?<br /><br />As for Dean, he will further the gap between the Democrats and reason. Couldn't have picked a better candidate to preside over the demise of the Democratic Party.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think it is a good thing when the adversary is out in the open where we can see/hear what he is up to. Unfortunately, Dean has shot his course.<br /><br />Mark my words: Maybe not today or even 2008, but in the long run the guy to watch out for is Barak Obama.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

it just may be that Barak Obama will be a mainstream leader of people. Much like a few prominent Black Politicians and social leaders who steer from conventional liberal mindset that "society" is for the "wealthy".<br /><br />I do kinda like Obama in the position he was elected to. IMO, America need this.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by pjc:I do kinda like Obama in the position he was elected to. IMO, America need this. [/QB]
Maybe to early to tell but he appears to be a reasonable individual. It's too bad that he has aligned himself with such an out of touch, whacko political party.<br /><br />Just look how Joe Lieberman, a fine fella by any measurement, changed his tune when he ran with Algore. He virtually had to parrot and support Algores whacko nonsense. Now that he lost he seems to have returned to good ol' reasonable, sensible Joe.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:Mark my words: Maybe not today or even 2008, but in the long run the guy to watch out for is Barak Obama. [/QB]
I respectfully disagree, JB. I think to a large degree, he was nothing but a party creation. Kinda like so many pretty 'country stars' created by Nashville. But we'll see.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

"Mark my words: Maybe not today or even 2008, but in the long run the guy to watch out for is Barak Obama." [/JB][/quote]<br />He may very well be the man we are looking forward to,to save us from republicans gone nuts and democrats gone nowhere

D

DJ

Mark my words: Maybe not today or even 2008, but in the long run the guy to watch out for is Barak Obama.<br />
Completely agree.<br /><br />He's slicker than Bill Clinton and not nearly as much of a sleaze ball.<br /><br />
from republicans gone nuts and democrats gone nowhere<br />
I think that's backwards.<br /><br />Has anyone noticed how Hillary is moving toward the right? What a laugh. Just too bad the media won't call her on it. According to the media, she has no past.

Twidget

Commander

Its my understanding that the Clintons and Dean the Scream dont exactly see eye to eye. If this is the case, Hillary cant be too happy about this turn of events.<br /><br />As for Hillary moving to the right, wasnt it Nixon that said "campaign to the right, govern from the middle"?

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Howard Dean, what a joke, how could politics get any funner to watch?<br />Do the Dems really think he is the right guy? How could they get any further away from the majority of the voting public?<br />Don't you guys remember what he was running on during the prelim's.<br /><br />Can't wait to hear the scream again.<br />Spud

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hillary moving to the right is so classically clintonesque. That is exactly what Slick Willy did to get elected. They are a crafty bunch. I'm amazed that Dean got the nod as it seems that the dymanic duo don't seem to like him. I'm with you spud, looking forward to more of Dean's insanity. Should be an interesting 4 years.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Please run to the left. As usual with no eye for history, liberals raise up the squeeky wheel. Well as Hillary lies and disguises her ultra left agenda, Dean and the scream team should provide cover for her to position herself for a run in 2008. Super!!!!!<br /><br />They learned nothing from the past 11 years. The contract with America, the loss of the house and the senate, and the presidency. First it was Mr. Ron Reagan who was an idiot, Then George H. W. Bush was too stupid, then GW was mentally unarmed against Gore and he had to steal the election (a lie). Now the democrats are calling the American public too stupid to understand who is the "best" person to be president. No eye for history.<br /><br />Now they are saying that he won't have anything to do with forming policy. Why appoint him to the leadership of the democratic party but give him no say. Duh....<br /><br />This should be fun now that there are alternative media outlets to track these scoundrels.

NYMINUTE

Captain

This will seal another close loss in 2008. He is a buttwipe.