How/when to switch from shore power to generator-ac to dc power

carm0026

Recruit
I have a new to me 350 Larson Cabrio wondering, when I am at the dock, plugged into shore power with my panel set up as in the picture, will my battery charger still be running? Will my auto bilge still run? Not sure I have this right, service tech left it like this so I assumed but seems like I should transfer.

Second question, when I am running if I want to use some of my accessories like my cockpit a/c do I need to make sure I run the generator and make sure I switch over the power transfer from shore to d/c? power?

Basic questions but I have no idea at this point.

Attachments

• photo320000.jpg
    photo320000.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1

alldodge

Staff member
Your panel shows that your shore power is not ON or its not plugged in. If you were plugged in and the pedestal is turn ON then you should see 120V AC power on the meters above.

The tech left your panel all OFF except for charger and accessories.

Everything on the left is your 12V DC power and it should show 12V or so when ON. All those breakers need to be ON for the items listed if you want to use them. Your bilge pump should have a main feed from the battery with a inline fuse. There normally is not a breaker for them on the main panel.

To use AC power, start the Gen, then switch over the main AC breakers from shore to Gen. You can then use any of the items on the AC side.

In short AC side of the panel is for AC only, and DC side of the panel is DC only

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I have a new to me 350 Larson Cabrio wondering... but seems like I should transfer.

Second question..

What year boat, shouldn't make difference here, but for better understanding of what you're working with

On your "second question", (third one?) Air Conditioner will typically run on AC power, which will be generated from shore power, or from your generator.