How was your 4th of July Holiday?

LadyFish

Admiral
How was your 4th of July Holiday?

We went to a backyard bbq with live music, hot dogs, sparklers and fireworks and had a great time on Saturday. Watching the little ones dance was histerical. Best of all was our drummer was a 24 year old soldier on a two week leave from Kuwait. He's been gone for two years. This downhome bbq and party was just exactly what he needed he said. He was looking forward to going fishing while he was here also. As he looked around the backyard at all the kids playing ball, the grownups having a few drinks, eating and visiting with friends, he said, "THIS is what I am fighting for." I thanked him for his service and gave him a hug, nice kid.<br /><br />Last night we anchored up in the middle of Galveston Bay and watched at least 40 displays, at least 10 that were done by the area towns. We were completely surrounded by beautiful fireworks.<br /><br />Hope everyone had a great 4th. :)

one more cast

Captain
Re: How was your 4th of July Holiday?

We had a chicken BBQ saturday at my house with mom, my sister, neightbors,my two daughters and the grand kids. then later on went to a local village park for music and fireworks. The 4th we just kind of hung out and visited with some ex neightbors,my daughter and my girl friends son and his girl friend.

Stratosfied

Ensign

we went to church and then headed to my wifes Aunts home in the country. We had Fried catfish,fried white perch (crappie), all the fixings, and about a washtub full of bananna pudding. Man did I pig out. Then we all just sat around and 'Jawed'. The kids swam and the women all had to go look at the expantant mothers nursery. You know just about as great of a family day as a man could have. :D <br />Our community will have its celebration today with an all day event at the local park with singing etc. Tonight, will be the grand finale..The Fireworks! :cool:

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Saturday, went to a bring-your-own KFC "cookout"/pool party. Things were going well. The owner was working on his all-original '68 Chevelle SS 396 muscle car (sweet!) while another friend was up on a ladder caulking between the siding & roof of the 'barn' (house for the Chevelle). A short but strong t-storm sent us indoors for about an hour, but the sun came back out. The friend went back up the ladder to continue, when we heard a loud bang and 'thump'. The ladder had fallen and my friend with it. He landed on the concrete, shoulder and face first. Hearing that noise, I knew what happened and sprinted out to him. He was face down, unconscious, and gasping for air. Someone called 9-1-1 and my wife (registered nurse) and I attended to him, bringing him back from unconsciousness, keeping him from moving, taking vitals, sending the hysterical women back to the house, etc. The medics arrived in 10-15 minutes. They were most-professional (THANKS, Licking County Tri-area F.D.!!), strapped him on a backboard and took him to the hospital. Separated and fractured left shoulder, concussion, assorted sprains (thumb, wrist), road-rash on his face. They re-set his shoulder, gave him a CAT scan, held him for observation, and released him. He'll be a sore guy for a while, but thank God, he'll live!<br />Pulled the boat out to Buckeye Lake at 8 pm last night to watch fireworks on the water with a couple thousand other boats, only to find the ramp we use closed and packed with people, so we returned home to go to our local fireworks show. Took the dog to his first show, and he got nervous after the first boomer. He was well-behaved, in spite of his nervousness.<br />So, our holiday was exciting, to say the least!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

We had a quiet one. Read some and broke out the .22 to shoot at a few cans. Boy, I couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn. But it was fun anyhow. Just a nice quiet day with the Hubby. <br /> Around midnight we heard a round of firecrackers go off. No good because its so dry up here. Thank God there were no fires. Those city folk don't know what they're doing when they light firecrackers up here in the summer. Very dangerous. We do our thing New Years Eve when its damp. So, that was our day.<br />Bassy

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Yikes Brian! Makes me all the more happy that the day was quiet around here...<br /><br />Nothing spectacular here.. Just cooked up some ribs and everyone brought a dish.. Got stuffed and sat around an "jawed" for a while (like Stratosfied)... Thats about it... :)

FSHKPR

Ensign

I worked the whole weekend. and the way the weather was i really did not mind. after work got together with mom and dad and sisters my son and his girlfriend (17 total people)for a big boiled dinner. and a whole bunch of long island ice tea. did a few small fireworks for the kids. ate to much and had 1 to many long island ice tea. had a nice time and only a small headache this morning at work. :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Glad all had a good Independance day.<br /><br />My family road tripped up to our shak in Price Co. Wisconsin. Went to Fifeield for lawn mower races (very cool, great Polish sausage).......to Hawkins for fest and four wheel drive truck pulls (also very cool, great brats)....to Phillips for some Snoopy rod fishing for the kids (skunked).......dinner at Phillips A&W......were gonna watch fireworks in Phillips, but manoman.....the crowds kill so we went back to shak and had our own little celebration.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Unfortunately my entire 4th and 5th was spent working around the house. :( But it was good to get many thing done. Did manage to finish in time to view the fireworks here in Baytown, and they were really good.<br /><br />Plus we went to the zoo/park on the 3rd and had a blast. Plus we just got back from a week at the beach house. Caught a few keepers. Had fun.<br /><br />Ken

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Our town had its festivities on the 3rd, so my 4th was spent fishin' in the morning (good smallmouth bassin') and the afternoon was spent installing the inboard motor I rebuild for a friends boat. Ate Taco Bell for dinner. Not festive, but that was done on Saturday.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We went to the usual beach. Butt, instead of costing $2.oo to park it was $5.oo. Arnold, darn Republicans. There as bad as Dems. You can't trust nobody.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Spent the Holiday Weekend with the guys I work with......at the plant. Hey....someones gotta keep the power on. :)

Skinnywater

Commander

My birthday falls on the second of July. There was a full moon on the second. There are two full moons this month.<br />I think they call that a blue moon.<br />The fourth has always been my favorite holiday.

Link

Rear Admiral

Well we had big plans for the 4th. One of my sister in laws and family are in route (Air Force) from Texas to Alaska and are in town. So we were going to get together with her husbands family at the cabin on the Puget Sound and do the BBQ and Fireworks thing over the water!<br />Well Saturday night his mom called just after they landed in Seatac airport and said they would just like to rest on Sunday.<br />So Sunday the 4th we took everyone out to a small lake on FT Lewis for a picnic and kayaking.. we had the only two boats (kayaks) on the lake and spent most of the day playing with the 3 1/2 year old. She really enjoyed kayacking with mom chasing daddy and the ducks.. Momy had to paddle a little harder because Molly had both hands in the water :) <br />Just a very fine day!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we set a record with over 2" of rain in an hour<br />the evening of the 4th, however friday and saturday<br />were glorious days :) good thing we lit off half<br />our fireworks sat. night.

LubeDude

Admiral

Went to a Beautiful wedding of some people in the church saturday night, well done, and great food.<br /><br />Just messed around sunday and watched the fireworks off out front deck over the lake.<br /><br />Monday was the grandaughters 6th birthday so went to there house to celebrate and ended up putting a new windsheid in sons 69 Elcomino. All around great weekend.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Baby sitted 7 20yo boys all with fake id's...I took the keys from their vehicles and told <br />'em I weren't gonna even answer the phone if'n it was the sheriff. We all got lucky and their parents are breathing a little easier.<br />What's with parents letting their kids binge like that...alls well that ends well I guess... :D

ndemge

Commander

Blew stuff up :)

m-boat

Cadet

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Spent the Holiday Weekend with the guys I work with......at the plant. Hey....someones gotta keep the power on. :)
I have been a Dem all of my life but I do know what you mean, they are always with there hand in you pocket. And there arm around your wife!!!! Are someones wife are girl friend. Damn I should have been in politics!!!!!

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

The usual, I patroled, watched the Crowd, got paid less for patroling, than if I would have had the whole nice long weekend off. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Oh well, others suffered worse fates. ;)