How to win an argument with a woman

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
If you're going to do battle, boys, you might as well be armed. Here's how to beat her at her own game. <br />Battle Tactic #1: Evasive Maneuvers <br />The fastest way to win a fight is to avoid it completely. And there's an almost foolproof way of doing that... it's called "acknowledging her feelings." (Key words: I, understand, you, that, must, feel) <br />Battle Tactic #2: Actually Listen <br />Might not sound all that devious, but one of the reasons she consistently kicks your butt in battle is because while you're talking, she's cataloging all the inconsistencies in your story. Listen to what you're saying first, and pay careful attention to what she's saying and when you reply, address her points.<br />Battle Tactic #3: Admit You're Wrong. <br />Any woman can tell you that being right doesn't matter in an argument; admitting you're wrong and winning an argument are not the same thing (Consider the difference between "I was wrong to buy a motorcycle without consulting you" and "I will return the motorcycle.") <br />Battle Tactic #4: Don't Be Distracted <br />Resist the temptation to pounce on her false premises, unsound deductions and blatant falsehoods of her reasoning. Again, this isn't about being right.Other sneaky woman tricks to ignore: false apologies, wildly unreasonable ultimatums and tears.Oh, and don't try to use any of them yourself. You'll never pull it off.<br />Battle Tactic #5: Know When It's Over <br />Ideally, you'll end your fight with a sense of closure, usually with a statement along the lines of "I need you to do X" or "I see Minor Problem A as being a symptom of Much Bigger Problem B." From that point, it should be fairly easy to come to a mutually agreeable compromise. Watch her melt when you say "Can we work on this together?". <br />Battle Tactic #6: Know When It's Really Over <br />Before you get ready for the make-up, though, make sure it's really over. Watch her body language. Is she nodding her head in agreement, or sitting there wearing a scowl with her arms crossed? If she looks angry, it ain't over, even if she says it is.<br />Good luck boys!<br />Bassy :D

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How to win an argument with a woman

Thanks Bassy, I tried the lot in all those past years and still get beaten at the game. When I buy two new meters for the boat....like musthaves as a voltmeter and a speedometer (80 Euros) it seemingly doesnot compare to 100 Euros stuff for the garden. The first items are for " me" the other is for "us"..???? Help !!! Dont know the answer to that one :eek: :D <br />Frank

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I've found that there is only one way to win with my wife.<br /><br />Do what she says when she says & how she says and if it all goes wrong take the blame.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

6.<br /><br />A distraction to change the subject:<br /><br />Move your head around a little and move your eyes up & down a few times until she says, "What"?,,, "What is it"? <br /><br />Then you can say, "Well, it just looks like you've gained a little weight".<br /><br />Very few women can stay on the original subject after hearing that. However, you must use this sparingly, it only works about 3-4 times.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Could this thread have been titled, "The Dumb Boys Guide to a Successful Marriage"…….I think so.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Many women fail to follow up anyway, so just agree, chances are strong she will forget. :cool:

D

DJ

You cannot argue against FEELINGS". :rolleyes: <br /><br />So don't try.

PW2

Commander

The concept of winning an argument with a woman is a flawed premise to start. If you think you have won, you simply don't yet understand.<br /><br />I recall arguments with my ex where she would invariably bring up approximately four things I did at some point in time that she was still angry about.<br /><br />When I pointed out that after 16 years of being together, I didn't consider them all that consequential, and in my view, only doing something wrong at the rate of one every four years, that ought to qualify me for sainthood.<br /><br />She obviously did not agree.<br /><br />And she remarried a lawyer. Even he gave up trying to win.<br /><br />And all I can say is that I am glad it's him now and not me!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> The concept of winning an argument with a woman is a flawed premise to start. If you think you have won, you simply don't yet understand.<br /><br />I recall arguments with my ex where she would invariably bring up approximately four things I did at some point in time that she was still angry about.<br /><br />When I pointed out that after 16 years of being together, I didn't consider them all that consequential, and in my view, only doing something wrong at the rate of one every four years, that ought to qualify me for sainthood.<br /><br />She obviously did not agree.<br /><br />And she remarried a lawyer. Even he gave up trying to win.<br /><br />And all I can say is that I am glad it's him now and not me!
Right up until "she remarried a lawyer," I thought maybe I was married to her now.

aspeck

Staff member

Better solution - don't even try to argue. Just say "Yes dear" and move on! If you think you have won, you are sadly mistaken!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I think the "Yes Dear" approach was debated another thd.

PW2

Commander

Yes, it was indeed a sad chapter.<br /><br />She was fooling around with yet another lawyer when she left me. It seemed that she would only date lawyers, and every time she got a new boyfriend, I'd get hauled back into court. I spent $10k fighting her various boyfriends, as apparently the easiest way to get what they were looking for was to agree with her that I was a jerk.<br /><br />Ain't love grand!<br /><br />And when my youngest decided to come live with me, she had to pay me child support! I still have the first check she sent me, uncashed, framed, and hanging on the wall!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"It seemed that she would only date lawyers,"<br /> -------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Thats because you no good at telling lies, and lawyers are the champions of verbal defecation ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Whatever happened to barefoot and in the Kitchen and pre errr forget that part? :D

danie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sometimes I read about boating problems and Im so glad my boat starts, runs, trims, tilts, behaves without a hiccup.<br />Sometimes I read about marriage problems and Im so glad my wife starts,.............oh nevermind.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

A woman ALWAYS has the last word in an argument.Anything a man says after her is the beginning of another argument.<br /><br />This was seen as a bumper sticker.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Damdan:<br /> Sometimes I read about boating problems and Im so glad my boat starts, runs, trims, tilts, behaves without a hiccup.<br />Sometimes I read about marriage problems and Im so glad my wife starts,.............oh nevermind.
:D :D :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Whatever happened to barefoot and in the Kitchen and pre errr forget that part? :D
I'll tell ya, Have ya noticed how many pairs of shoes women have in their closets? as well as in your closet?<br />women are addicted to buying shoes, i was once informed that the reason for such addiction is that they're hell bent on getting back at us men folk for keeping them barefoot and pregnant for the better part of history.<br />I've come to the conclusion that there may be some truth in that.<br /><br />btw, i use to have a closet once :D

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

I always found "Huh" then 'Yes dear" works well.