How to ruin a day...

eeboater

Commander
How do you go from a great looking rig like this:<br /><br />
newpics002.jpg
<br /><br /><br />To something like this in a matter of 15 seconds?<br /><br />
DSCN0988.jpg
<br /><br />Read this thread, I would be VERY UPSET. Of course, its a hazard when you go out and play that way!!! <br /><br /><br />Sean

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: How to ruin a day...

When I was a young fella we had a common saying that covers that, Sean.<br /><br />"When you mess with the snake, sometimes you get the fang, when you mess with the bull, sometimes you get the horn."

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br />"When you mess with the snake, sometimes you get the fang, when you mess with the bull, sometimes you get the horn."
JB: That saying couldn't be any more appropriate for this guy!! But, it clearly displays the importance of safety gear when you are taking chances like that. Those types of Jeeps didn't come with rollbars way-back-when. The roll bar combined with his harness holding him in his seat saved his life!!<br /><br />I mean, look at this roll!<br /><br /><br />
12.jpg

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Prolly gave him the ride of his life though. Can ya imagine the adrenaline flowing through his veins at that point.<br />WOW<br />Good pics though.<br />Later,

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Can ya imagine the adrenaline flowing through his veins at that point
I can imagine something flowing through his pants too!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br />
Can ya imagine the adrenaline flowing through his veins at that point
I can imagine something flowing through his pants too!
Naaaaaaaaa, looks like he left that laying on the rocks. :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

He might have a seat belt on, but in that first picture, I can see no harness over his shoulders.<br />He was lucky his head didn't strike them rocks on the way over.<br />And what about a helmet? I would have one of those on also doing this stuff for sure.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> He might have a seat belt on, but in that first picture, I can see no harness over his shoulders.
Actually, your right SBN, just not in the way you anticipated :D After doing some more reading about his "accident" turns out he just had a regular seat belt, not a 5 point harness. I guess he was pretty happy he didn't have the harness because if he did the way the roll bar gave would have left a crater in his head. When he started rolling down the hill he leaned over and grabbed the passenger seat as he rolled.<br /><br />The first picture is actually not from the day of the roll. It is the only full picture of the rig I could find that showed what his Jeep looked like before the roll. (See: leaves in first pic, no leaves in the rest :D )<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea I see that now.<br />He prolly did not have to grab anything, I would say his butt had a death grip on the seat anyway. :eek:

Twidget

Commander

Ouch. I guess any rollover like that you can walk away from is a 'good' one. Relatively speaking. :eek: