how to lift the boat in the yard

Selles

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need lift the boat, Whailer 13ft.to make trailer repair and painting ,somebody explain me the most safe to lift the boat out trailer,thanks

mattttt25

Commander
Re: how to lift the boat in the yard

i've lifted a 13' whaler off and back on the trailer with 2 other people. good grip and watch the back. if you can't find the friends, i would think any car jack with some 2x4 or 4x4 scraps would get it up. or, if you have access to some tires, stack a few up next to the boat and walk it over to the tires. will still need a friend or two to help. good luck-

brianwhart

Cadet

I slide a 13 ft whaler off the trailer into my yard one time to do trailer repairs. I just lifted the tongue up and slide the boat back until it was touching the ground, then I slowly pulled the trailer out from under it. I did what I had to do and then cranked it back on.

Selles

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bw- you put the boat in the grass floor? easy to put again in the trailer?

brianwhart

Cadet

yeah, I layed right in the grass while I replaced my leaf springs and some other rusted components. It's been awhile, but I don't remember it being difficult at all. To put it back on I just got the center of the hull lined up with the rear roller and cranked it back on. I've actually seen someone do this with a much larger boat. It was like a 19 or a 20 foot bowrider and they did it the same way.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Selles - When you go to put it back on the trailer be sure that the trailer is free (not attached to the hitch). What happens is the winch pulls the trailer under the boat.