How to Keep a Copper Bright Polished Copula (Windvane) Looking That Way?

macsfriended

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
63
Sooo, what are the recommended products, use frequency, and real world ways to keep a subject copula (windvane) looking bright polished on top of a garage, stable, etc roof??

Your real world suggestions are welcome.
 

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Jul 8, 2010
Messages
8,988
Re: How to Keep a Copper Bright Polished Copula (Windvane) Looking That Way?

I have one on my barn, and I had it professionally clear coated and baked on, it has been on the barn for 5 years now with no signs of tarnish or dulling.
 

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
7,939
Re: How to Keep a Copper Bright Polished Copula (Windvane) Looking That Way?

+1
If its Brass, brasso to clean, seal with a clear coat of varathane, get the one that will not yellow with UV.
 

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jun 13, 2010
Messages
1,876
Re: How to Keep a Copper Bright Polished Copula (Windvane) Looking That Way?

I have one on my barn, and I had it professionally clear coated and baked on, it has been on the barn for 5 years now with no signs of tarnish or dulling.

:D^^^^^:D

Bring it to an auto paint shop.
 

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Joined
Sep 17, 2007
Messages
4,292
Re: How to Keep a Copper Bright Polished Copula (Windvane) Looking That Way?

As stated, polish it up then use automotive grade clearcoat, available in rattle cans from paint supply stores.
 
Top