how to install 1972 25 HP Johnson Key kill switch

Bass80

Recruit
I have a 1972 Johnson 25 horsepower 50th anniversary edition I want to install a key kill switch it's a stick steering boat I looked it up in various forms and on YouTube on how to wire it on my particular boat and no luck any help will be much appreciated

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Find the 2 small black wires that go under the flywheel.----They are usually connected to a stop switch.----The circuit is CLOSED to stop the motor.-----

Gleichnerb

Recruit
Just like a lawn mower there MAY or may not be a kill wire on the coil packs. I checked Iboats and there is a SHORTING switch. Do you have a kill button or a stop button? if so you can setup a lanyard with a kll switch and when the 2 wires to the switch connect, they ground and stop the Magento/Coils from msaking spark. Not suprt easy but possible with some inventive shopping.

www rapidfs com activation

Bass80

Recruit
Just like a lawn mower there MAY or may not be a kill wire on the coil packs. I checked Iboats and there is a SHORTING switch. Do you have a kill button or a stop button? if so you can setup a lanyard with a kll switch and when the 2 wires to the switch connect, they ground and stop the Magento/Coils from msaking spark. Not suprt easy but possible with some inventive shopping

Just like a lawn mower there MAY or may not be a kill wire on the coil packs. I checked Iboats and there is a SHORTING switch. Do you have a kill button or a stop button? if so you can setup a lanyard with a kll switch and when the 2 wires to the switch connect, they ground and stop the Magento/Coils from msaking spark. Not suprt easy but possible with some inventive shopping.

www rapidfs com activation
It does not have an electric kill switch it has a key start and electric choke it's a 1972 Johnson 25 horsepower stick steering

racerone

Supreme Mariner
It has the 2 black wires to use for a lanyard kill switch.---East to hook up.

Ruthcohen

Recruit
If you have to Insert the kill switch into the hole in the console, from the back side, and secure in place by screwing the attachment ring onto the threads of the kill switch bracket. Tighten the attachment ring in place with the pliers. Secure the spliced wires with the wire ties and reconnect the negative battery cable. TellTims Survey