how to blled brakes

hi guys i just replace my disc brakes on my 2004 tidewater i put on a stainless system and for some reason i cant figure out how to bleed the brakes i would appreciate all the help i can get thanks alot hope you all have a fun and safe boating season :D

bhammer

Ensign
Re: how to blled brakes

hi guys i just replace my disc brakes on my 2004 tidewater i put on a stainless system and for some reason i cant figure out how to bleed the brakes i would appreciate all the help i can get thanks alot hope you all have a fun and safe boating season :D

Welcome to iBoats. We need a little more info from you, such as the system you installed. But, in general, the way I do it on my setup is to use the brake bleeder system from the local auto parts store. This is attached to the nipple on each brake caliper. Bleed the furtherest away (from a line run standpoint) and make sure that you keep the master cylinder full of fluid.

Then, once you get no air and lots of fluid, get a helper and actuate the surge actuator while a helper opens the nipple and closes it before the cylinder reaches max travel. Keep a clear piece of tubbing on the nipple and check for air bubbles as you do this.