How much would spend on a fishing lure?

fishrdan

Admiral
I have to admit I have a lot of money wrapped up in fishing tackle, have a box full of $20-30 lures. But.... I'd never spend this type of money on a fishing lure

$545 :eek:

THE LURE (click me)

15Sb.jpg

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much would spend on a fishing lure?

Quess the bidders know something we don't. Wow :eek:

<<)))(((>>

dooma_Flatchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gosh Almighty :eek:. The starting price was $140.00. Sure wish I had a gross of those. My stomach gets queasy when I spend $7.00 on a crank bait that I know that I'm likely going to lose. LOL

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Reminds me of the guy who caught what would have been a state record striper below the Possum Kingdom Dam a few years back.

He used a live, 10" rainbow trout for bait. He and his guide were both handed severe sentences.

Like everyone else, all I remember is a 50#+ striper and rainbow trout.

Maybe the buyer remembered the same thing.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Reminds me of the guy who caught what would have been a state record striper below the Possum Kingdom Dam a few years back.

He used a live, 10" rainbow trout for bait. He and his guide were both handed severe sentences.

Maybe the buyer remembered the same thing.

Yeah, they take a dim view of that here in the natural state as well. In all honesty I can't really understand why. They stock them, people catch them. If they don't eat them most folks handle them like they would a bream and when they swim off they say "yeah, he'll be fine.":rolleyes: Little do they know that stocker they just mauled and released will turn up dead a mile downstream.:mad: Geniuses. In my mind that's much worse than putting one on a big striper hook. Then again, I'm neither a game warden nor a biologist.;) This rant is making me want to break out my three weight and head to the river, but alas, I have honey dos. Oh bother.:(

rolmops

Vice Admiral

This lure was handmade in California with the express purpose of catching 20 pound + bass in California. Rainbows are stocked in California reservoirs and they are the main food for these monster bass.If you want to catch a world record contender bass,then this is your perfect lure.As for loosing them,most of the fishing in these reservoirs is sight fishing so a lure that gets stuck on the bottom is easily retrieved.Besides,the worth of money is relative to the amount of $$ you have.

1980Galaxy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was at ****'s sporting goods today and saw lures over $10 on CLEARANCE and it made me sick to my stomach.

I'll stick to ordering components online and making them myself, thank you.

JBow

Seaman Apprentice

I would not have believed it if I had not seen it myself. I was at an estate auction a few months ago and watched a vintage fishing lure sell for $3200.00. The were also several lots of about 8 assorted lures that went for around $800.00 each.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I would not have believed it if I had not seen it myself. I was at an estate auction a few months ago and watched a vintage fishing lure sell for $3200.00. The were also several lots of about 8 assorted lures that went for around $800.00 each.

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe I should put my granddaddy's Devil's Horses on ebay. Kiddng of course. I could never part with those. I even quit using them years ago even though the bucketmouths couldn't resist 'em. Hey Jbow, do you know Snookie?:p

fishrdan

Admiral

It's a cool looking lure, but I'd never fish something like that. Even at it's retail price when new ($75-100?) I'd cringe at throwing it into the water.

Out here, that's what gets the big stripers. Or should I say, trout imitation lures. I have a bunch of lures that look like a trout and the stripers hammer them.

1-2 years ago there was a guy catching a bunch big of stripers, more than the normal fisherman working the river. He was "pro-staff" for a lure company and claiming he was reeling them in on the company's lures. I saw him one night and he was dead silent drifting down river with only the fish finder going, no casting or trolling going on, just drifting...

Well,,,, the DGF officers started watching the guy, watching him catch a bunch of trout and then go striper fishing :rolleyes: They busted him with a bunch of big stripers and a livewell full of trout.