How much wood...

ZmOz

Captain
could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? :confused:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How much wood...

as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Male or female woodchuck? And is the above mentioned woodchuck in good physical health? What age is this woodchuck? How far must the woodchuck chuck the wood? These are all very important questions that must be answered before a accurate solution can be rendered. ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Can I be on the vendor list for the wood chucker?

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

A wood chuck would chuck all the wood it could chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

So are you saying this is all for nothing 'cause a woodchuck CAN'T chuck wood?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

How do you know, have you ever seen a woodchuck chuck wood?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hard wood, soft wood or petrified wood????? :confused: :confused: <br /><br /><br /> :cool:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I think that we are being too judgmental. Instead of asking how much the woodchuck could do, we need to first have the woodchuck do it so we can adjust our expectations accordingly.<br /><br />Besides, I firmly believe that this work is beneath a woodchuck and to believe or expect a wodchuck to do this would be discriminative and oppressive to the woodchuck. If a woodchuck wanted to chuck wood, who are we to ask how much wood he could chuck? <br /><br />Although we should not naturaly assume that because of the woodchucks ethnical background, said woodchuck would want to chuck wood, the woodchuck is missing the opposable thumb. This therefore would qualify the woodchuck for government benefits due to the woodchuck being unable to do the work that he wants to do. <br /><br />I propose a plan of action to study the woodchuck and their chucking abilities. This study will take approximately 7 years at a cost of 2.9 Billion dollars a year. The government needs to fund this all important research to improve the lives of woodchucks everywhere.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

woodchuck.jpg
<br /><br />How much wood would a woodchuck chuck <br />if a woodchuck could chuck wood?<br /><br />The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.<br /><br />Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.<br /><br />Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.<br /><br />The results of this monitoring are shown below. Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.<br /><br />Attention: Woodchucks don't chuck unless you use Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser.... Netscape scares them.<br /><br />Average amount of wood a woodchuck would chuck in a given day 797 butt cords of wood.<br /><br />Median amount of wood a woodchuck could chuck in a given hour 256 butt cords of wood.<br /><br />Record high for woodchuck wood chucking of butt cords 6383 was attained on 06-15-1996.<br /><br />(NOTE: the above tabulations take into account that woodchuks chuck no wood on <br />February second, in observance of ground hog day.)

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by Bob_VT:<br /> Hard wood, soft wood or petrified wood????? :confused: :confused: <br /><br /><br /> :cool:
Bet he could chuck a hunka balsa pretty far......IF a woodchuck could chuck wood

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All well and good, BUT, does said wood chuck have a PERMIT to chuck said wood? :eek:

eeboater

Commander

I was wondering if we should call our senators about introducing federal legislation to tax said woodchucking. I mean, they need to be monitored, am I right? What about Osha rules?<br /><br />There are some things we need to think about here.<br /><br />Sean

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Just what is the Wood Chucks stance on chucking wood. Would they still chuck wood if they were referred to by their other common name, Ground Hog? Or would they prefer to hog the ground? Could the question be asked; How much ground could a Ground Hog hog, if a Ground Hog could hog ground? <br /> What is the current PC stance on the naming and consequently, occupation of the aforementioned animal? And is it fair to stereotype the Wood Chuck/Ground Hog as laborer type individuals only. What if they aspire to greater ambitions? Do we not afford them that opportunity? Or do we as a society impoverish them through our own short sighted ignorance?