how much does marriage cost..??

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: how much does marriage cost..??

Guess ya' pay up till the final slag in.....but then she'll get the insurance.....so I guess ya' pay even after ya' kick the bucket.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. My partner and I have been togeather for the best part of 28 years. I have never entertained the thought that she was costing me anything. We have a trusting and equal relationship that has flourished and grown with the years. Heck even now she tells me to spend some money on myself. After the kids formative years when we had to be a bit miserly I find it kind of strange to have a few dollars in the wallet.<br />My wife is not the kind to rip anybody off and I certainly wouldn't do likewise to her. Our children have been bought up to value the importance of money within relationships also.<br />Ross

dolluper

Captain

You wantta know the cost per minute,when she goes shopping even IBM can't calculate that one :D :D

KRS

Banned

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> You wantta know the cost per minute,when she goes shopping even IBM can't calculate that one :D :D
ahhhh yes, the CPM :)

PW2

Commander

As my divorce lawyer used to tell me,<br /><br />"It's the blanking you get for the blanking you got"

Twidget

Commander

You wantta know the cost per minute,when she goes shopping even IBM can't calculate that one [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
But, she is 'saving' money with all those sales. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

A GOOD marriage is priceless, but I can assure you if its a bad one you'll pay for as long as it lasts.<br /><br />Here's a little diddy for ya....."You think you are in clover 'til the honeymoon is over" author Grandpa Hartnett (married over 50 years to my Grandmom) ;) :)

i rowboat

Cadet

So far, the boat costs more than the marriage. I must have gotten a low maintainence model. (Wife, that is....)

crab bait

Captain

heck,, she got her credit card stolen..<br /><br />i was gonna cancel it.. until i got the bill....found where the theif was spendin' less..

KaGee

Admiral

You must have missed the recently approved United Nations Symbol for marriage....<br /><br />
marriage.jpg

tommays

Admiral

how can i complain in the last 25 years i have had<br /> <br />used 11 ft sailboat<br /><br />new 18 ft sailboat <br /><br />new 24 ft sailboat<br /><br />used 14 ft sailboat<br /><br />used 16 ft power boat<br /><br />new 20 ft powerboat<br /><br />and when are kids are finished collage in 4 years she wants to go out and find a 27 ft plus sailboat and redo it :D <br /><br />tommays

D

DJ

And, the cost per minute while fishing is????<br /><br />I used to figure that the fish I caught were worth about $150.00 per pound. :D

aspeck

Staff member

I'm with Ross J on this one - marriage has been my best asset - she is a doll and such a helpful partner. Don't know what I would do without her!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> I'm with Ross J on this one - marriage has been my best asset - she is a doll and such a helpful partner. Don't know what I would do without her!
Sure can tell who has the better half watching the puter screen as they type :D :D :D

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

There would be a lot more good ones if it cost $100,000 to get married, & $10.00 to get divorced

Triton II

Commander

Try $20K to marry, and approx $400K to divorce. Been there, done that............. zzzzzzzzz<br /><br /><br />T-shirt? Did someone say T-shirt? <br /><br />All-in-all. Not good. Best thing is you can enjoy marriage and have heaps of fun, and a few kids too. Then when everything gets TFD, you can pay your money and change over to the "fun side". I've learnt a lot in the 5 years since the divorce! :D

clanton

Rear Admiral

More then Im willing to pay to try again. I had a great lawyer.