how much brake fluid do you put in?

showem

Cadet
I recently bought a bigger boat and trailer and my question is the venture trailer that came with it has a master cylinder, how much brake fluid do you put in? Thanks in advance

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Trailer issues

Re: Trailer issues

I recently bought a bigger boat and trailer and my question is the venture trailer that came with it has a master cylinder, how much brake fluid do you put in? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum, showem. It would be best to start your own thread to get the best response. Asking questions in another members thread is a hijack and goes against forum rules...

Thank you,
WIMUSKY

Bondo

Staff member
Re: how much brake fluid do you put in?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... fill it, Full,...

If air has gotten into the lines, they'll need bleedin' too,...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

If the brake fluid was down, expect to be replacing wheel cylinders and possibly the master cylinder as well.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Nonsense.
LOL...Nonsense that the brake fluid somehow disappeared?

Brake fluid just doesn't disappear on its own. It goes somewhere. Replaced enough brake parts over the years to know this.

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member

Brake fluid just doesn't disappear on its own. It goes somewhere. Replaced enough brake parts over the years to know this.

Ayuh,.... I gotta agree,.... it's a closed sealed system,.... 'n brake fluid Don't just evaporate,...

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

And to go along with that, if the system is down (because something leaked), its also very, very likely that lots of the important parts are now filled with dirt and rust. Refilling the system and fixing just the single part that leaked doesn't get rid of the rust and garbage in the rest of the system.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Only other reason it could be low is if it has disc brakes and the pads have worn.

Thalasso

Commander

Only other reason it could be low is if it has disc brakes and the pads have worn.

Now your thinking.And to let you in on something. If the trailer is new, sometimes the dealership doesn't do the pre trip on it but says they do. When i got my Venture trailer the master cyl. was low or almost non exsistant.

Last edited: