How much am i in for?

tweeder

Cadet
i'm looking at purchasing a 1990 125 hp force. i have been old that the carbs will need to be cleaned and the impeller is going to need to be replaced. How much do guys think it will cost. Also, there is about 14 gallons of stale fuel in the tank, exactly what can i do with it or how do i dispose of it?

04Sierra04

Cadet
Re: How much am i in for?

Impeller's are only about 20$ for the part. <br />Depending on the condition of the carbs, it could be pricey. If you can get away with just using carb cleaner, then your all set, if you need to remove them from the engine, order a carb kit, etc etc, its going to be substantially more.. As far as the stale gas goes, it depends how 'stale' it actually is. If it's been in the tank for about a year, I would use some fuel stabilizer (a good one) if its been in there longer, I would siphon it out for sure.<br /><br />Although every motor has its ups and downs, I would recommend doing your research about these Force engines. I am having problems with mine and find that parts are harder to find then alot of other motors. (even spark plugs, I went to 5 places and none of them had them on the shelf, ended up having to order some.<br /><br />Once my motor is running again, I am seriously considering getting rid of it.