How many hours on my engines???

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was trying to detemin how many hours on my 93 L200Hp TXRR's. My multi-guage has two buttons, a set and a menu. When you push the menu, one engine shows 114hrs and the other guage shows 115hrs on the other engine respectively. How can I tell if these numbers are true?

I bought the boat 2 yrs ago and havent used it much. These numbers may be right considering the amount of time I've used the boat but I dont believe that reflects all the hrs these motors have been used.

The boat had dead battery's for at least a year before I bought the boat...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: How many hours on my engines???

you should have 0ne 200TXRR and one L20TXRR, as the tachs with hour meters did not show up until about 2001 all I can say is they have recorded engine hours since they were installed in 01 or later.
keep a close eye on the shift shafts.

sunpacman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: How many hours on my engines???

Thanks Rod, your input is always appreciated. I bought the bought used from a customer that has been doing business with me for 10+ yrs and he told me that he barely used the boat also.

You gave me a little something to chew own about the shift shafts... One of the controlls is tight when throtling up and the other controller is smooth. Is the shift shaft something that is replaceable without removing power head?