How many...does it take...

Alrobot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?<br />1,222!<br /><br />1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed;<br /><br />28 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and explain how the light bulb could have been changed differently;<br /><br />14 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;<br /><br />149 to write to the list administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this mail list;<br /><br />111 to post that this list is not about light bulbs and to please take this email exchange to litebulb-list;<br /><br />112 to defend the posting to this list saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this mail list;<br /><br />309 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty;<br /><br />26 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs;<br /><br />15 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs;<br /><br />4 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list;<br /><br />32 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add "Me too";<br /><br />13 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy;<br /><br />18 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";<br /><br />5 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ;<br /><br />43 to ask "What is a FAQ?";<br /><br />6 to ask "Didn't we go through this a short time ago on Usenet?";<br /><br />141 to ask "What's Usenet?";<br /><br />9 to argue whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb";<br /><br />Another 9 to condemn those 9 as anal-retentive;<br /><br />177 to demand that cross posting to illuminati-l about changing light bulbs be stopped.

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: How many...does it take...

lmao.gif
ain't that the truth bigAl<br /><br />how many hillbillies does it take to make chocolate chip cookies?<br /><br />-2. one to mix the batter and one to squeeze the rabbit <br />
heybaby.gif
<br />how many hillbillies does it take to eat a possum?<br /><br />-3, one to take take a bite, 2 to watch for oncoming cars

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Big Al...<br />Is this just a joke or what? I sure recognize this from 10.000+ post or so I have read everywhere. I know the phenomenon BUT here? No way... No way.<br />Check the Outboard Engine Troubles & Questions!<br /><br />Forum Topics/Posts <br />Outboard Engine Troubles & Questions 20067/86509 <br />I/O or Inboard Engine Troubles & Questions 894/4080 <br />Boat Questions (not engine questions) 3347/16459<br /><br />If it was a joke ;) If not :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This post is totally inappropriate for our elite forum on Nothing To Do With Boats! :mad: <br /><br />You should go to<br /> <br />www.nothingtodowithnothingtodowithboats.com<br /><br />and post your vile comments there. <br /><br />I demand that Admin2002 erase this junk from our site!! :p <br /><br />Otherwise I will report you to Fiendwood and Schooner. They will fix you. :D :D :D

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Whats the old joke:<br /><br />How many rednecks does it take to change a lightbulb?<br /><br />101, One to hold the lightbulb and one hundred to pick up the house and turn it around in circles.<br /><br />I'm sorry....JB is right. This is totaly inapropreate subject matter for the "nothing to do with boats" board. :p <br /><br />The readers of this post were taken away from valuble beer drinking time.<br /><br /> Further more.... I for one took direct offence at the statements made here as I could use a better way to change a lightbulb. :cool: <br /><br /> At least six of my close relitives hurt their back lifting my trailer when in a horrible lightbuld changing tragity they stumbled and fell in a hole dug by my hound dog (old brew) that is chained up next to my FORD on blocks. :eek: <br /><br />In the future I would appriciate it if you would keep all Of your anti lightbulb sentiments to yourself as some of us need the help, as we are still trying to figure how they get all that light to squeeze through those little wires. :confused: <br /><br />The information gained from such a topic could be of great help round here come Christmas.<br /><br />The children would be much happier if they were'nt so dizzy from checking and changeing lightbulbs on the tree. :( <br /><br /> If they did'nt have to spend Christmas eve turning me around in circles on the ladder while I held the hotpepper christmas twinklers, because Of some information that I my have gotten off an important post such as "changing a lightbulb", they might have more time to put the alluminum antlers on old brew so we could have a true happy holiday. :) <br /><br />Anything to add to this Schooner?<br /><br />Miffedwood. :D :D

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Hee hee yeah, I had a similar experience... :p

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

ROTFLMAO. Great way to start the day. Laughing.

Fishbusters

Ensign

I can't believe this having something as dirty as changing a light bulb on this forum. This type of talk is okay in the locker room but here where children can read it how shameful.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Get with the times people! It's all about LEDs now!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I for one don't change lightbulbs anymore. I just get a new candle. :p :eek: :D