how do you up the performance of an old Rude

Evinrude Boy

Cadet
I am in a kind of bind. I would like to be able to beat a freind in a race but his motor is a 8hp Merc. and mine is an old 7.5 Evinrude. If anyone has methods that work i would like to know. Thanks for the help!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: how do you up the performance of an old Rude

What are you willing to spend, Evinrude Boy? <br /><br />Are you willing to trash your engine to win the race? <br /><br />It can be done, but it will cost you lotsa bucks and ruin your engine for anything else.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Howdy Evinrude Boy,<br />Samo samo boats?<br />You could probably put a real fine tune-up on your engine (new plugs, text-book timing, proper trim and prop etc.) and do the deed. All it takes is the fine tune.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

rolmops

Vice Admiral

the cheapest way to have a fair chance and kiss your engine goodbye is by mixing ether in with your fuel and sit as far away from the engine as you can, but only an idiot would try it.<br />It seems to me that you should try to win the engine survival race<br /> :rolleyes:

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer

You'll bretty much have to buy a bigger Evinrude! The 4.5 hp and 7.5 hp share a common block, not much you can do to it, it's about maxed and like everyone has suggested, it'll kill the longevity.<br /><br />-John