How do I see if my jet ski is cooling itself

I have a 1995 seadoo gtx and I’m wondering if there’s a way I can tell if it’s cooling itself. Is it like a boat where it pees out water somewhere?

Scott06

Vice Admiral
My 2004 sea doo has a pee hole on side of hull below your left foot. Water comes out a bit at idle and hard and fast when at speed. This means cooling water is circulating. If your wear ring is worn the amount getting pushed out will be less. You may have a blockage somewhere.
i belive this port is supplied by a small tube off the exhaust manifold

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
My I/O doesn't pee water out, it however does dump large amounts out of sight. I have to rely on a Gauge.

guy48065

Chief Petty Officer
I believe the telltale exits the back on that Seadoo where it's difficult to see.
My Kawasakis have the exit on the right rubrail near my foot. My wife's ski always had a strong stream but mine was about half and I had to keep an eye on temperature. That water was often steaming and I couldn't put my foot in the stream.
One day I blew a hole in my rubber exhaust connector. The cooling system is split with water flowing from the pickup in the jet pump to the stator, head pipe & cylinder water jackets, and on thru the hull to the "pisser". Another path is injected into the hot gases where it cools the rubber connectors & fills the waterbox before exiting with the exhaust. That fitting was corroded and choked on mine until I reamed it out with drill bits.
No more cooling problems.

So yeah, it's important. I hope you've found your answer by now. Google & YouTube are helpful in pointing out model-specific problem spots.

FunInDuhSun

Chief Petty Officer
My ‘97 Seadoo GTI has a telltale centered at the stern about 4” below the seat.